Zambuto / Farruggia Realmonte, AG, Sicilia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SeeMomRun

Zambuto / Farruggia Realmonte, AG, Sicilia

Post by SeeMomRun »

My grandparents came from this area. I have many relatives there still. We have some in America, too. Trying to link other extended family names to these. Thanks :mrgreen:
"It is not sufficient for religious people to be involved with prayer. Rather, they are morally obliged to contribute all they can to solving the world’s problems."

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama
MarissaF

Re: Zambuto / Farruggia Realmonte, AG, Sicilia

Post by MarissaF »

My last name is Farruggia and my family is from Sicily.
SeeMomRun

Post by SeeMomRun »

MarissaF wrote:My last name is Farruggia and my family is from Sicily.

What part of Sicilia, and do you still have relatives out there? Extended family names? thanks for the reply
"It is not sufficient for religious people to be involved with prayer. Rather, they are morally obliged to contribute all they can to solving the world’s problems."

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

SeeMomRun wrote:My grandparents came from this area. I have many relatives there still. We have some in America, too. Trying to link other extended family names to these. Thanks :mrgreen:
Hi There,

Can you give us a little more information so that we can help you better find new avenues to use for your research?

thanks
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
gallor

Post by gallor »

Hi! My mother's maiden name is Zambuto. Her father was Emanuele Zambuto from Ribera, Sicily from the province of Agrigento. My Mom and my Grandparents immigrated to Ontario, Canada. Emanuele Zambuto married Rosaria Smeraglia in Ribera, Sicily. There are still many of our relatives living in Ribera with the name Zambuto. There are also some Zambutos with the surname Cibella. This happened back in the 1940's when the Cibella family (brother or sister-in law of a Zambuto) was asked to raise a few young children who were born as Zambuto. They did raise them and later changed their surname to Cibella. When I went to Ribera, Sicily I met both relatives on the Zambuto side of the family and the Cibella side as of the familyl.

Can you tell me some of the names of the Zambuto family that you know and who they are married to? Also, are any of them from Ribera, Sicily? Please advise. Thanks. Rose Gallo
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

My great-great-great grandmother was Carmela Zambuto from Ribera, and I know more than a hundred Zambutos there (not personally, though). I know of 2 men from Ribera named Emmanuele Zambuto, but one died in 1901 and the other in 1903. I know more than a hundred Smeraglias as well, but unfortunately most of them lived in the 19th century. If you could just go back a little farther I could probably see how we're related.