Please proof read my request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!

Please proof read my request

Post by karma »

I'm trying to save drafts of requests for each type of document I might need and I'd be happy if someone could proof read the following and let me know if it is suitable to send to Italy. I 'think' I'm applying for a certificate of family status. I ran it through the online translators with fairly amusing results. Apparently "Distinti saluti" means "Different greetings"...! :P Thank you.

===========================================

Egregi Signori,
Mi chiamo [My Name], ed abito in Australia all'indirizzo sopradetto. Cerco informazioni del mio padre, [Ancestor Name]. Nato nel comune di Dinami. Cerco questi dati per conoscere meglio la mia famiglia, e per trovare i miei parenti rimasti in Italia.
Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi il certificato di stato di famiglia storico di [Ancestor Name], in carta libera. Nato verso [approx year of birth]. Sposato [Spouse name].

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura, e vi prego di addebitarmi tutte le spese postali e dei certificati.
Distinti saluti,

============================================

Edited to add: Also, how would I word another paragraph to add the names of their children?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Please proof read my request

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Karma there are form letters for most of your genealogy requierments for records and dcouments. It is most gratifying that you can write in Italian on your own..there are many people here who never lifted a book in high school and now ask people to translate for them because they do not know italian??? =

Go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

I'm sorry, Karma, I can't correct your Italian. I found this selection of letters to be helpful and I received the documents I requested:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

Post by karma »

Thank you for your replies Peter and CowryShells. :)