Away for a while

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Away for a while

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello all, finally made it to colorado. Beautiful out here. Cant wait to get the ball rolling again on my genealogy quest. hope everyone is doing well.

Michael Lorenzo Romano
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Away for a while

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome back!!
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Hello, Michael

Great to see you're back and ready to continue your quest.

Tanti Auguri,
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Michael now I am back on 4 burners...how are things in LODO Denver?? =Peter=
~Peter~
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Welcome back Michael...........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello Peter, Hello Sal. How are you both doing. Colorado is very nice. I have actually found three ( count 'em ....three good Italian places to eat)

Maggiano's , Matti Soprano's ( this guy is actaully from the jersey shore. he moved out here 12 years ago. The last is Di ciccio's.

So it feels a little like the east coast.....not that much though.....LOL.
Michael Romano

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Hi Michael.......Is moving to Colorado permanent for you? Just remember there's nothing like eating old family recipes at home.....When we left the Italian neighborhood for the burbs.........words can not explain it...I was a fish out of water, but I finally adjusted.......the only problem is that I still have to go back to get real pizza......people actually think Pizza H is real Italian pizza....LOL.....As my father always said....(You can take the man out of the neighborhood, but you can't take the neighborhood out of the man) Good Luck.....Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hi Sal, as permanent as I can see for the near future. I have been here for about three weeks. The area is beutiful. I have been doing a good deal of exploring. There is a little Italy in denver ( if you could call it that) . I have found a couple of good places to eat. However since I do the bulk of the cooking and have been graced with my grandmothers recipees. There really is no need to eat out. I just put on the old songs I grew up listening to from my father and away I go. ( Funny...I hated these songs when I was little, and now I cant get enough of them.) Tony Bennet, Sinatra, Vale. Now MY kids hate them. They dont complain about the cooking though. My new neighbors seem a little ....shall we say concerned, seeing NY license plates and hearing Sinatra and Pavarotti on the weekends coming from my home.....LOL. They might think I am goodfella!!!!!!
Michael Romano

sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Michael............ When all the Caddy's start pulling up in front of your house, your neighbors really need to start worring :lol: :lol: :lol: ........Great to have you back! Sal4