Death record help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Death record help

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Peter and Suanj,

Again I am looking for some help. I have been working my way through the vital records of Amantea, Calabria, Italy and doing well with the help and resources you have provided me. I have come across a death record from 1874 that is very different from most. It is entirely handwritten and I am having some trouble with the letters, so here is my attempt to ask what I am reading.

It begins:
Propoverbale d'isrigione (d'iscri giore?) di Sentenza di Rattificazione.
I would like to know what this sentece means. The acts before and after this one do not begin this way.

Then follows with the usual date, time, place, name of official, person reporting. Then it is very different from what I usually find and much longer. Goes on to mention Tribunal, lots of dates, margin annotations (though there are none on this document). I think it is amending a previous death record. It is much to long to try and write out here and I am trying to work through it. Any thoughts of what this is based on the first sentece? I apologize for the spelling. It is hard to read and I am hopeful you will be able to figure out what it is.

Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Death record help

Post by ptimber »

Guaranbtees Suanj will know. I won't attempt it because I can't without seeing it and why bother since she will take care of it. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

VaDeb wrote:Hi Peter and Suanj,

Again I am looking for some help. I have been working my way through the vital records of Amantea, Calabria, Italy and doing well with the help and resources you have provided me. I have come across a death record from 1874 that is very different from most. It is entirely handwritten and I am having some trouble with the letters, so here is my attempt to ask what I am reading.

It begins:
Propoverbale d'isrigione (d'iscri giore?) di Sentenza di Rattificazione.
I would like to know what this sentece means. The acts before and after this one do not begin this way.

Then follows with the usual date, time, place, name of official, person reporting. Then it is very different from what I usually find and much longer. Goes on to mention Tribunal, lots of dates, margin annotations (though there are none on this document). I think it is amending a previous death record. It is much to long to try and write out here and I am trying to work through it. Any thoughts of what this is based on the first sentece? I apologize for the spelling. It is hard to read and I am hopeful you will be able to figure out what it is.

Debbie
Debbie:
Protoverbale d'Iscrizione di sentenza di ratificazione= I think: first report of Registration of ratification sentence;
suanj
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Suanj;

Thanks for the reply. I can see how your intrepretation fits what I was trying to read.

Can you (or perhaps Peter can help me) explain what a first report of registration of ratification of sentence means pertaining to a death record. I have never seen one like this. I don't understand the significance of this statement.

Thanks for all your help

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

VaDeb wrote:Hi Suanj;

Thanks for the reply. I can see how your intrepretation fits what I was trying to read.

Can you (or perhaps Peter can help me) explain what a first report of registration of ratification of sentence means pertaining to a death record. I have never seen one like this. I don't understand the significance of this statement.

Thanks for all your help

Debbie
Hi Debbie:
-ratification sentence means: definitive sentence ( law sense, or medical sense or other sense ..)
-registration of ratification sentence means registration of definitive sentence
-first report etc... means that ON this registration of ratification sentence are an report....
-for context it must know on which document is written, however the meant of phrase refers an bureaucratic procedure ... suanj