Records From Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Records From Italy

Post by ptimber »

STOP INTERFERING WITH EXISTING POSTINGS....I KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO DRUM UP BUSIUNESS WHICH IS WHAT YOU SAID WHEN YOU FIRST CAME ONTO THE FORUM.......I DON'T CHARGE MUCH AND I CAN HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!, NOW YOU ARE 'VOLUNTEERING' YOUR SERVICES AND ONLY PUT YOUR NOSE IN WHERE IT DOES NOT BELONG....SO BRUJAOJOS TAKY MY ADVICE AND STOP LOOKING FOR BUSINESS HERE. PETER
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ptimber wrote:TAKY MY ADVICE AND STOP LOOKING FOR BUSINESS HERE. PETER
Peter,

If you looked at my original post, I never stated I charge people. This is what I stated, "I do genealogy for a living. I have done several members of our group as well as help out many others with advice who were “at a brick wallâ€Â
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

take a walk!. pETER
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

Ciao Peter.

I read the form as well as I could/I understood it to be as if I was requesting my own. I will have to wait till Mon. at least to try to reach the Mormons.

If I were to send the birth certificate request to Italy - I would have to explain that I am unsure of the correct name of my grandmother.

Florentine
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you have the correct surname and a close approximate of the correct birthdate or birth year and she being female makes it easy to identify. Enclose $5.00 and a self addressed envelope when you send the form letter. Peter
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

Peter,

Do I send a money order?

Florentine
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You could send cash or perhaps some post office coupons. Cash is not suggested but it makes life easy for them and you. its up to you. Peter
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

Thank you.

Do you know how I can clarify the surname? I have in my records that her maiden name was Mary Fida. I am sure that was Maria. I now think that Fida was her mother's maiden name.

A relative now deceased had a geneaologist research it and according to that info her name was Antonina (detta Maria (means said- maybe what she was called?-Maria) surname Macheranis. I went to Ellis Is. website and found someone by that name from Rosarno Reggio di Calbria stopping at Ellis Is. but going to Toronto, Canada.

As usual, any clarification or information is appreciated.

Florentine
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Just put down other possible names and that should cover it since you are requesting documents which can be in either names. Remeber though in Italy all women retain their identity and so her maiden name would be on alldfocuments.Maria is common first name even though shed may have a different first name. Peter
Florentine

Post by Florentine »

Grazie Peter. I will try 1st to reach the Mormons tomorrow.

Florentine
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Anytime. Peter