Poderuccio is confusing

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Poderuccio is confusing

Post by donnawright »

In another thread, we discussed where Poderuccio is. We learned that it is 4.5 km from Siena and the civil records should be in Siena since it such a tiny place.

Tonight I tried to search paginebianche.it for Poderuccio and my surname and it said this:

Nessun risultato trovato in Poderuccio frazione di Sorano.
Vuoi cercare nel Comune di Sorano?

All I key'd in was Poderuccio and my surname. It is quite a bit away from Sorano to be a frazione, I would think. So where did this Sorano thing come from?

Does anyone have an explanation for this, perhaps?

My people listed Sorano as their hometown on their manifests. But it looked like they were from small towns around it, with the Sorano civil office still holding the records, however. Then this Poderuccio connection recently came up - and now this result from Paginebianche. Geographically it is by Siena--for sure. But what do you make of this Sorano information from paginebianche? Any ideas?

Thanks for help.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Poderuccio is confusing

Post by PeterTimber »

The municipal administration for Poderuccio is listed for Siena under "frazione' while Sorano does not indicate any municipal jurisdiction for Poderuccio.
The telephone company, however, pursuant to what you say is adminstratively at odds with that of the Municipality of Siena (not the province of Siena). I have no explanation for you save to say that the facts indicate an adminstrative inconsistency between Siena and Sorano. It is a town and telephone distinction.

I am at a loss to further explain this organizational contrast. =Peter=
~Peter~
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

It looks like there is a tiny place, smaller than a hamlet, probably just a few houses or a farm, called Podere Poderuccio which is under the jurisdiction of Sorano (province of Grosseto). You can see it here, go to page 4 on the third line

Poderuccio

The Pagine Bianche search engine is based on what's written on the Telephone Book. A subscriber might decide to leave out the name of the hamlet and only indicate the street. People are listed according to towns and not according to hamlets so you should insert Siena or Sorano or Toscana. This last one will give you a list of people (and their addresses) with your surname in that region.

Hope this will help.

Ada
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Sorry, that link won't load, but I would really like to see it.
Thanks, Ada
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

You must have adobe acrobat installed to view it.... It loads fine here.
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Yes, tonyric is right, you must have adobe acrobat installed. Sorry that's the way you can view it.

Ada
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I have acrobat. I restarted the computer and it was fine. Thank you for showing that to me. Thus, it looks like I am back to attempting to get documents from Sorano,,,,,, but they ignore my requests. I even had an Italian, someone who is a well-known Toscana history authority and university professor, call the comune on my behalf, and they say they are too busy with the living. I will get what I need one way or another!

Thanks again.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Donna you started with inquiry regarding the ships manifest. It might be helpful to know that ships manifests were prepared by the Shipping Line ticket issuing agency based upon documentationand verbal communication presented to the agency by the passengers.

Off the top of my head and not knowing dates and things if they obtained a passport they would have had to obtain it from the Questura in Siena. Questura records are not made public but they will entertain written inquiry about their application for a passport which you might be able to use to your advantage.=Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

After thought: La Questura di Siena is located at via del castoro 6, 53100 Siena Toscana, Italy

You can send direct inquiry about your parents passport appliction (I would send it in english seeking what you want) to www.poliziadistato.it/scrivici The form has a place for a message and under "comune" put in ESTERO= foreign. =Peter=
~Peter~