Davide Family Search - Napoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Davide Family Search - Napoli

Post by jeannierivera »

I cannot believe in just a few hours how many things you were able to piece together for me this is incredible. Yes... I never searched David - don't ask me why I didn't think of it, since that is what everyone mis pronouces the name to be. I lived my whole life in a family home with my uncle Anthony he was born to Joseph & Mary in 1919, not sure what 10/12 means but I believe Anthony was born in April and that Census was in June so that would have made him 10 months old...
10 out of 12 ?

Sounds right and now I have my great grandmother's relatives names to start somewhere trying to research her family coming here....
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

yes, 10/12 is 10 mos :D .
---

G-grandparents Joseph & Maria Davide in 1930?

1930 census
page 2
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeannierivera »

I FOUND THE 6TH CHILD... not sure I have a death date but it would make sense... I searched Maria Davide a while back and came up with :

Maria Davide born Sept 24, 1891, parents were listed as Cordialino & Rosa, she is not on any of the census' this must be the 6th child... she fits neatly between: Joseph (6/19/1889) & Frank (5/19/1893), the child must have died before 1900 when that first census was taken.

When I first came across it, I found it odd, but now it makes sense!
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

jeannierivera wrote:I FOUND THE 6TH CHILD... not sure I have a death date but it would make sense... I searched Maria Davide a while back and came up with :

Maria Davide born Sept 24, 1891, parents were listed as Cordialino & Rosa, she is not on any of the census' this must be the 6th child... she fits neatly between: Joseph (6/19/1889) & Frank (5/19/1893), the child must have died before 1900 when that first census was taken.

When I first came across it, I found it odd, but now it makes sense!
What a terrific find!

Congratulations :D .

I'm so glad we could get you going on your search again.

Please let us know how you're doing and if you need any more assistance.

Enjoy the hunt!

Valarie
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeannierivera »

YES THAT IS THEM 1930 Census:

Joseph - lists "Mattress Maker" as occupation and that is what he listed on the WW1 Draft Registration Card

Mary - interesting says she was born in NY - her parents Italy That is a big part of a missing puzzle since family insisted she was born in Italy, and I was probably searching all the wrong places - Mary died this same yr - Oct 15, 1930

Anthony - born 1919 - my uncle - died april 26, 1999
John - born 1921 - my grandfather - died sept 7 1998
Edward - born 1924 - my uncle - died november 2000
jeannierivera
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeannierivera »

You certain did! This has been a very exciting evening!! My search resumes and I am armed with some GREAT INFORMATION!
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Oh my, thank you for the note :D .
We don't want to ruin your fun, so please let us know if you
get stuck again.
Valarie