Napolitano Acierno Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Napolitano Acierno Family

Post by PeterTimber »

sisa the website for Quadrelle (both adminstrative and tourist) can be found at www.tuttitalia.it/campania/28-quadrelle and scroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address of the UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE which you can send your request for documents, free of charge, in Italianlangiage form letters.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

=Peter=
~Peter~
sisa

Post by sisa »

I will try, thank you.
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Post by taxi55 »

Hello Sisa,

Any luck with the comune and finding additional information. I've been keeping an eye on this thread because I also have Napolitano and Acierno ancestors (from Baiano and Avella that I know of.)

Have a great day,
Sophia
sisa

Post by sisa »

Hi Sophia: I have had no luck yet.... I to keep up with the postings. I hope to send another letter to the town soon. I'll keep you posted if I do get anything more. Thanks
taxi55
Veteran
Veteran

Post by taxi55 »

Thanks. I will keep you posted as well!

Enjoy your day,
Sophia
cecsheets

Post by cecsheets »

pink67 wrote:she was going to Pittston PA to join her Aunt? Francesca Grieco..
I was wondering if you have any additional info on this Aunt. My husband's g-grandmother was Emilia Grieco, born 7 June 1877 in Avellino. We know Emilia had at least two sisters, Sophia (married Scopa) and Asunta (married DeStefano). Their mother was Giovannia Colello. All of these women initially settled in the Boston area.

Thanks! Christine
sisa

Post by sisa »

Unfortunately, I did not even know there was an Aunt named Francesca. I'm not sure how the Greico name was related to my g grandmothe either. I do know Francesca must have had a son named Joseph because my father spoke of him often. He had past in early 1960's. If I am able to collect any more information then I will let you kno w.
monsieurdl

Post by monsieurdl »

Felicella Napolitano was the daughter of Felice Napolitano and Caterina Iuliani of Quadrelle.

Pasquale Napolitano, her older brother (born 1873), left Quadrelle to settle in Youngstown, Ohio.

The ages (1873 vs. 1875 birth), the town (Quadrelle), the family name (Felice and Napolitano), the region (Youngstown, Ohio/Luzerne Co, PA), and the immigration year (1899/1898) are all far too many coincidences. :)
ChristinaQ

Post by ChristinaQ »

Hello--

By any chance is this Pasquale Napolitano also brother to Stefano Napolitano who was married to Rosa Speranza and also lived in Youngstown?
amasi3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amasi3 »

Hello!

I have some Acierno ancestors from the towns of Sirignano and Quadrelle. My 3rd great-grandparents are Sabato Acierno and Mariantonia De Gennaro.

Sabato was born abt. 1833 in Sirignano. His parents are Andrea Acierno and Teresa Del Mastro.

Mariantonia was born abt. 1833 in Quadrelle to Carmine De Gennaro and Carmina Giuliani. Carmina was born abt. 1802 to Benedetto.

Sabato and Mariantonia married 27 FEB 1859 in Quadrelle. Sometime in the 1860’s, the family relocated to Savoia di Lucania (formerly Salvia) in Basilicata. Mariantonia died 14 APR 1871. Sabato then remarried 17 JUN 1871 to Maria Giuseppa Vincenza Parrella Ilaria. She died 29 SEP 1877 in Salvia. By 1882, Sabato was living in Cuba (North America).

SABATO ACIERNO’S CHILDREN
w/ Mariantonia De Gennaro:
• Carmina Filomena Acierno, b. 09 JAN 1860 in Quadrelle, d. 1944
• Teresa Giovanna Acierno, b. 10 JAN 1866 in Salvia
• Maria Silvia Acierno, b. 21 MAY 1869 in Salvia, d. 06 APR 1951 in Brooklyn, NY

w/ Maria Giuseppa Vincenza Parrella Ilaria:
• Vincenza Filomena Acierno b. 25 APR 1872 in Salvia

Not sure if any of these names sound familiar. Let me know if you think there’s a connection.

-Anthony
A. Masi
Research Interests in Basilicata, Campania, & Umbria
My family tree: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/82445073/
Map of my roots: http://tinyurl.com/amas3-carto-map