Barbieri Families with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PamBird

Re: Barbieri Families with roots in Cerreto Sannita, Italy

Post by PamBird »

I have roots in Cerreto Sannita. My grandmother Rosalia Barile was born there in 1886. She married Francesco Savelli also born in1886 in another town in Benevento. They had five children born in Cerreto including my mother who was born in 1918. My grandfather, Francesco's father was Georgio and he was married to Pasqualina Barbieri but not the one referred to in earlier posts because she would have been born before 1886. My grandparents and their children came to the US through Elise Island in 1919. I am planning a trip to Italy and to Cerreto next year and hope to find out more? Any tips or feedback anyone may have for me would be appreciated.

Pam Bird
pjh

Post by pjh »

My grandmother was Francesco Savelli's sister Bessie Savelli. She came over with Rosalia and Francesco and their children, George, Anna and the next youngest daughter whose name escapes me at the moment. They came over on the ship The Canada in March of 1920. There were 4 daughters and 2 sons in the Savelli family: Antonio, Francesco, Guilia, Bessie, Carmela, and Anna. Their father Giorgio was a shoemaker but was in the calvalry. Their mother had a heart problem from a young age and died about 1934. Carmela lived in the family home after her father died and the house was given to a young couple who cared for her before she died.
pjh

Post by pjh »

This is a follow up to my last reply. After speaking with my mother today, I can add that it was Ida who my mother said was called Edie who came over in 1920. And Joanna, who was called Jennie was born in Bayonne, NJ. My mother remembers that one of the sister married a man named Bird.

PJ Heim
PamBird

Post by PamBird »

I think we are definitely related. Francesco 's son, George was my uncle and Anna was my aunt. My mother was Eda or Edith. She was an infant when they sailed from Italy. Do you have any connections to relatives in Cerrita.
PamBird

Post by PamBird »

My great grandmother was Pasqualina Barbieri. She married Giorgio Savelli. My grandfather Francesco Savelli married Rosalia Barile. All were from Cerreto Sannita or the Benevento area.
pjh

Post by pjh »

My mother wanted to know if your mother was still living. She is Filomena Heim and would be your mother's cousin.
PamBird

Post by PamBird »

My mom died last year? She was 94. I wrote you at the email address you gave me. Did you receive my email?
telesino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by telesino »

Hello Mike. one of my older ancestors, Giovanni Pacelli, married a Lucia Barbieri on 10/09/1633 in Cerreto Sannita (obtained from a church record). They had children through 1661 in the town of San Salvatore Telesino, a hop skip and a jump from Cerreto. By any chance do you have a Lucia Barbieri in your earliest birth records for Cerreto? I am guessing from the marriage date and last child birth date, she would have been born between 1610-1617 time frame. Unfortunately the marriage record did not indicate parents. Thank you.

Tom Pacelli
ambermatn55

Post by ambermatn55 »

If you really need a professional hackers to hack your cheating boyfriend's/girlfriend's/spouse phone, whatsapp, facebook, bank account hack etc. Or credit score upgrade, I would recommend hack.truth team  have proven to be trustworthy, their jobs are fast and affordable. they have carried out over 3 job for me including helping me hack my ex wife's mobile phone and i can't forget when they cleared my credit card debts and improved my credit score to 750. I can put my money on them at anytime!. they are one of the best out there. Spreading the word as my little favor to them for all have done for me. Thank you hack.truth team you can reach here hack.truth77@gmail.com