Tucciarone surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Tucciarone surname

Post by wldspirit »

That last one is a great find Mfjp.......... :D

Not an easy family to find........ :P

wldspirit
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Thanks for the encouragement Wldspirit. :) With what I reviewed last night, I know at least one surname needed to be corrected...

But there was a couple of people that I found really interesting - though I never posted it earlier. There was a Francesco Tucciarone, who married an Asian woman overseas. He made it back to the USA in the 1940's and the manifest was of his wife. The port she made it to was San Francisco... It's amazing what can be uncovered. But it does take time... and the brick walls are so much part of the research...

There's still more to look into... lots of tiny little scribbles on the manifest to read.. I think there's more to find on the Ellis Island manifests... which I hope to look into further...
That last one is a great find Mfjp..........

That find is interesting... but... who is she???

mfjp
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I did attempt to find manifest of interest....and there are a few at Ellis Island site with correct and incorrect spellings.....but the majority were going to New York......and none mentioned the family we are looking for....... :? This is one difficult search for sure...... :evil:
Hopefully..... :wink: ...with so many looking.....someone will uncover more info........
have faith........
wldspirit
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

You are all so wonderful! I never would have suspected Delano was misspelled. I don't know why. I guess because I'm so used to a complicated last name to research.

mfjp, since Delano is listed as Dellanno, should I start with Filippo Tucciarone's marriage or birth certificate in Minturno to Francis Dellanno? Or should I just ask for Davide Tucciarone or Filippo Tucciarone's birth certificate. I can start looking in Minturno, but it is frustrating not to find the immigration records for any of my Tucciarone's or Lavalla's when I'm sure they are out there someplace. I'm not sure where the Lavallas where from yet, which is why I'm looking so hard.

I will be patient, and it is very comforting knowing I have some help.

I found the manifests for Mariano in 1920 and 1930. His 1920 record said he immigrated in 1902 and was an alien. I don't know how to insert a link to a census, so it is in Detroit, Michigan, and the last name in the index is Tulnareni. His first name is listed as Marion. Not sure if this will tell you anything though.

I will start hunting on Dellanno and see if I can get more clues!

Christina
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Looking into the surnames of Minturno... it should be Dell'Anno. I could link the census records you suggest but I am not on my regular computer... I am on the computer that "lags" and takes years for each window to draw up.. but can do so later.... once the "famous weekend battles for the good computer" comes to an end...

Lavalla's - I am not there yet either.. but there a manifest of a Pasqualina Lamalla or something similiar .. which is a miss-link.... that is of interest... which needs to be found and re-linked... but that too will be done later.

so... Dell'Anno it is!

mfjp

p.s. just opened up Dell'Anno manifest of "anyone" and sure enough... there are mentions of Tucciarones in NY and PA... and are also a couple of Tucciarone passengers as well... so lots to look forward to..

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2738160713
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

This is the second time is just days that I find a given name in the "surnames" portion of a manifest!!!

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 4240010348

First Name: Cucciasone
Last Name: Davide
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Minturno
Date of Arrival: July 01, 1900
Age at Arrival:  34Y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M  
Ship of Travel: Bolivia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0018

mfjp
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

I'm not sure how you find these?! I searched at both Ellis Island.org and at JewishGen by Steve Morse and never found this one. Where are you searching for Boston, MA? Do you have a subscription? I don't mind footwork at all, I just need to know where to look sometimes. And I don't give up either. It took me 25 years to find my birthfamily, but I did it.

So, do you think Davide came to the US prior to 1900? I don't think so from the 1905 manifest. I can check the 1900 census for him, but I doubt he is there. I can't make out his friend's name - Luiggi Man...i? And Pasqualina and Joseph came in 1903, but he didn't until 1905. Curious.

Thanks for all the help. This is wonderful. I'm seeing my grandparents again on the 28th. My mom and grandfather will be so thrilled.

Christina
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Where are you searching for Boston, MA?
through Ancestry.com... sorry... forgot to mention... if the manifests I posted earlier of Daniele, Antonio and Maria are of interest, I can link them soon..
So, do you think Davide came to the US prior to 1900?
don't know...

The Davide manifests are from the Ellis site... so now we have a

Davide Cucciasone, Born 1866 Date of Arrival: July 01, 1900 first trip to the USA Age at Arrival:  34Y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  M  

and a

Davide (also a barber) Tussiarone Born 1866 Date of Arrival: March 30, 1905 Age at Arrival:  39y 

I think they are the same guy!!! I am trying to figure out who the Francesco guy is on Cucciasone's manifest...

Hey... I just looked at the Tussiarone manifest and it does say "00-04" (1900-1904)... as to what years he was in the USA...

Again.... I still think this is the same person... who made 2 trips... that we know of... if it is the same guy... he must have gone back to Italy at one point or for whatever reason...

Sometimes immigration info on the census records are right on... and then sometimes the info on these census records are just as reliable as the transcriptions of the Ellis Island surnames... 8O
And I don't give up either. It took me 25 years to find my birthfamily, but I did it.
I'm lost for words... wanted to say something here... but how does one imagine "25 years of searching"??

Now to look for his wife and son :P :P

mfjp
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

mfjp,
I'm sure these are both the same Davide Tucciarone. I didn't doubt that. Yes, I did notice he had listed previous visits to the US 1900-04. That is why I suspect you've found his first visit to the US.
I don't see any connection that makes sense with Maria Carlemagna., except maybe Davide's sister's daughter? That might work with taking her father's last name. This also confuses me, because she must not have known Davide died in November 1918.
Do you mean Francesco listed after Davide on the manifest? I don't think there is a connection. They are not both from Minturno, nor are they both going to see the same person. Did I miss a clue here?
I just missed Joseph and Davide in 1920 and 1930 censuses. Davide died in 1918, and Joseph died in 1929. My great-uncle was born the day after his father died.

Good luck finding Pasqualina (who went by Lena in census) and Joseph! They have been very elusive.

Christina
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

Not sure if I mentioned some dates that might help:

Pasqualina Lavalla/e Tucciarone, b.abt 1865
Joseph Tucciarone, b. Mar 13, 1894

Both listed immigrating in 1903. I thought I found them once in 1902, but can't find it. Maybe I dreamt it?

Christina
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

As mfjp suggested, I've searched all names listed in Minturno for Ellis Island. There are plenty of Tucciarones spelled many ways - Lucciarone, etc... one popular misspelling seems to be Cuccuasone/Cucciarone, including with the surname and given name switched. I still can't find Pasqualina Lavalle, or Guiseppe Tucciarone.

Not sure what else to try... I'll start looking at everyone from Minturno that immigrated between 1900 (when Davide first came to US) to 1918, when he died, or the last year available. Maybe I can find some relationships/cousins/or clues to this mystery.

It's also possible that Minturno was spelled incorrectly. I'll try searching with variations.

Christina
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

Just so you know what I've tried and we don't duplicate efforts,

I've searched all first names "Guiseppe" and Giuseppe" between the ages of 8 and 11. I left all other search fields for Ellis Island blank. Nothing yet.

mjfp said she would help me more tonight.

Thanks!
Christina
(sue1anne)
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

mjfp said she would help me more tonight.
Could you imagine what kind of Ellis surname transcription he ends up with? :?

mfjp
sue1anne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sue1anne »

I went back to 1910 census to see if I could find anything there. I don't know where the family lived before Rochester, PA. I keep going back to Joseph and Louis Tucciarone in an Orphan Asylum, because Joseph has the same birth year as my great grandfather. This wouldn't make sense though, because later Joseph is living with his mother Lena in Rochester.

I went over my interview notes with my grandfather again. He mentioned an uncle Louis, but it was on the Ricci side of the family, not Tucciarone.

sue1anne
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Sue,
If you found two of the children in an orphan home after the death of a parent, keep that record in mind. It is possible.

In my own family a mother died in 1920 with 5 small children. The state, or social workers or whoever made thoses decisions back then took the children from the father and put them in a children's home for ophans. The state felt the father would be unable to care for 5 small children. He did eventually get them back.

So if the husband died and Lena was left without a means of support, perhaps the boys were taken away temporily. They had been "orphaned" by their father. AFter Lena proved she could care for them she got them back. Just a thought.

Debbie