Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
kbrooks8

Re: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily

Post by kbrooks8 »

I haven't seen any Nicoletta Chinnici's so far.
rdiben

Post by rdiben »

Okay, thanks.
Naples13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Naples13 »

I am not sure where my last post went to but at this website I found a photo of a Giovanni Chinnici, one must scroll through SEVERAL photos of Belmonte Mezz. to get to it.

www.mezzagnohistory.it/
Researching surnames Nappo, Naples, Napoli, LaRosa, Sorrentino, Gambino. Also searching for info in Poggiomarino.
rdiben

Post by rdiben »

Thank you so much for your reply.
Naples13
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Naples13 »

While at the Family History Center today, I was scanning a microfilm on Belmonte. The name Chinnici started to appear around 1874...seems the name Nicoletta MAY have been in there. Next time I am up there, I will look and see.
Researching surnames Nappo, Naples, Napoli, LaRosa, Sorrentino, Gambino. Also searching for info in Poggiomarino.
rdiben

Post by rdiben »

Thanks , Naples. Would you know the film title and number?
nnromano

Post by nnromano »

HI,
I have done extensive research on Belmonte Mezzagno back to the 1700's. I have a Nicoletta Chinnici born Sept 6 1839 to Santo Chinnici born 1812 and Giovanna LaBarbara born approximately 1812. Nicoletta Chinnici was married to Giovanni Buttacavoli born Jan 30 1833 to Giovanni Buttacavoli born Sept 22 1799 and Elisabetta Costantino born Oct 21 1804. I have lots more information if you are interested. Giovanni Buttacavoli 1833 is my 2nd cousin 4 times removed and they have a daughter Elisabetta Buttacavoli born Oct 28 1856. Hope this helps you.

Noreen
rdiben

Post by rdiben »

Hi Noreen,

These may well be my ancestors.My great grandmother was Elisabetta Buttacavoli Ferro.
Her certificate of death states dob. 11 may 1860, but I have a "Registro Degli Atti Di Nascita" for a Elisabetta Buttacavoli , born to Giovanni Buttacavoli and Nicoletta Chinnici on 30 May 1861.I have her father b. 1835 and mother b. 1839.Do you have a list of siblings of Elisabetta?