Help with 2 areas: S. Marco, Caserta and S Paolo Cle

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Help with 2 areas: S. Marco, Caserta and S Paolo Cle

Post by nuccia »

You probably already have seen this but I thought I would post it anyway..seems to belong here now that you posted the story of Gabriele.

Ohio Soldiers in WWI, 1917-1918
about Gabriel Zitiello
Name: Gabriel Zitiello
Race: White
Birth Location: Italy

Enlistment Date: 4 Nov 1917
Enlistment County: Akron
Enlistment State: Ohio
Enlistment Division: National Army
Decorations and Awards: View image
Advancement: View image
Comments: Co F 332 Infantry to 24 Feb 1918; Co F 11 Infantry to Discharge Private St Mihiel; Meuse-Argonne; Defensive Sector. Wounded In Action severely 14 Oct 1918. American Expeditionary Forces 24 Apr 1918 to 11 March 1919. Honorable discharge 1 Apr 1919.

Ohio Soldiers in WW1-Gabriele Zitiello

Looks like there could be some real truth to that little tale. He was severely wounded in action and received an honourable discharge. Does the age match up?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
zitiello

Post by zitiello »

nuccia wrote:You probably already have seen this but I thought I would post it anyway..seems to belong here now that you posted the story of Gabriele.

Ohio Soldiers in WWI, 1917-1918
about Gabriel Zitiello
Name: Gabriel Zitiello
Race: White
Birth Location: Italy

Enlistment Date: 4 Nov 1917
Enlistment County: Akron
Enlistment State: Ohio
Enlistment Division: National Army
Decorations and Awards: View image
Advancement: View image
Comments: Co F 332 Infantry to 24 Feb 1918; Co F 11 Infantry to Discharge Private St Mihiel; Meuse-Argonne; Defensive Sector. Wounded In Action severely 14 Oct 1918. American Expeditionary Forces 24 Apr 1918 to 11 March 1919. Honorable discharge 1 Apr 1919.

Ohio Soldiers in WW1-Gabriele Zitiello

Looks like there could be some real truth to that little tale. He was severely wounded in action and received an honourable discharge. Does the age match up?
My mom was actually able to recieve some of his WWI medals recently. We couldn't get them all since most of his military records were lost in a fire but I am grateful we were able to get the ones we have.

In regards to his age, we are still trying to figure out what his real age is since different documents have different birth dates listed. :P

Thanks for that link! I can't believe the amount of knowledge and resources you all have to offer! I signed up for a trial membership at Ancestry.com and that site hasn't been able to help in the least bit.

Just curious though, in the list above, it says "see image" in a few places but I don't see that on the site you linked to. Do you know what the images are of?
Studiopatella

Post by Studiopatella »

The suggestion is that to also make a search near the files of the Commune of Torremaggiore and s. Paolo civitate

My office can deal with this and to send you the documentation.

For contacts info@studiopatella.it

www.studiopatella.it is my site web

Hi
Luigi
Luigi Patella
advisor of the job