Surname Debellis

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dianedsic1

Re: Surname Debellis

Post by dianedsic1 »

My father's name is Paquale DeBellis, born in Bari in 1916 or 1917. He immigrated to the US in approximately 1956 and married my mother, Josephine Teti. They are both deceased. I am wondering if anyone knows of him or his relatives from Bari. I know he had a sister Ada and a sister Paula. Ada lived in Rome for many years; of Paula I have no knowledge. I believe his mother's name was Antonietta Pagliarulo....unsure of his father's name. I would love any information I can get on relatives I may have in Bari, or elsewhere in Italy. I know he has a nephew living in Rome, so I'm going to email him to see if I can gather some info. Thank you for responding if you have any information....
jfcerciello

Re: Surname Debellis

Post by jfcerciello »

My great-grandfather and great-great grandfather were both born in Bari. My great-grandfather was born in 1887 (Donato De Bellis) I am unsure of when my great-great-grandfather was born.

Donato came to America in 1908 and lived in Easton, PA. I got a good amount of information from Ancestry.com but if anyone else has any information or where to learn more when in Bari it would be super helpful!

I am traveling to Bari in April and am very excited to see the sights.