D'Amore / information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: D'Amore / information

Post by mfjp »

Hope all goes well with your visit, please say hi to your aunt. Do take your camera with you and take some good quality shots of the paperwork... someone may have already suggested that to you...

Also would like to continue with the search for Anthony... too bad about his parents...
They were actually inside of a church when the earthquake occured.
My ancestral paesanos too... on a Sunday..

But if Anthony was the only child... then this earthquake must have happened when he was just a child? Guess he was raised by aunts and uncles?
----------------------------
It must have been a tough time for the Petrini family. I found this boat record of a Daniel Petrini earlier on... just haven't researched it enough. Don't know who Achile is...

Daniel Petrini age 35 b1855

travels with Achile... age 26 born 1864

Name: Daniel Petrini
Arrival Date: 17 Feb 1890
Estimated Birth Year: 1855
Port of Departure: Le Havre, France
Destination: New York
Place of Origin: Italy
Ship Name: La Gascogne
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 59
Microfilm Roll: 543
List Number: 193
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9483 ... ini5kv.jpg

mfjp
FDooks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FDooks »

Hello.

I just sent in a request for Anthony's death certificate to the Vital Statistics building. They gave me a difficult time because I needed to prove relationship and they only have records that are 50 years or older. I gave them my birth certificate, my fathers, and grandfathers that shows Anthony as his father as so on. They said within a week they will be able to find the record and they will mail me a direct copy!! Hopefully I'll find the parents off of that.

The cemetary did not have any info on Anthony except the reciet that he paid for the plot for his wife, wife's sister and husband. It was also mis-filed under Anthony Amore instead of D'Amore. Back then they were not to efficient it seems.

I'm anxiously waiting to go to my Aunts and dig through my greatgrandmother's stuff but it needs to wait one more day because I get to celebrate turning 23!

Thanks again for all the help and I'll update asap.
Looking for information on the names:
D'Amore, DeLuca, Cordova, Russo, Petrino, DiGiacomo

Any help is greatly appreciated.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hey!! Happy Birthday to You!! I am impressed at the fact that you are young and researching your family... Good for you!!!

Have a great celebration, and look forward to hearing about what you find...

mfjp
JOHNNY

petrino/tomasulo

Post by JOHNNY »

I realize this is an older post but I want to reply anyways as I am working on family history which is linked to yours. I can confirm that Anthony Tomasulo married Angela Maria Petrino. Anthony Tomasulo was my great great grandfather. He had a son named John Tomasulo who was my Great Grandfather who I knew really well until he passed away in1985. Our family was told Angela Petrino was actually Johns Stepmother, we don't have an answer to who is mother was . Do you happen to still have the picture of the gravestone for Anthony Tomasulo and Angela Petrino ? Do you have any pictures of either ? If so please share or email them to me at Trendkill9@aol.com