Help Translating - Military Record - Credi

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
deigo1
Elite
Elite

Help Translating - Military Record - Credi

Post by deigo1 »

Could someone help with some the translation of Enrico Augusto Credi's military record. After almost 2 years I finally received it due to some delays in restoration. Through another thread, I had discovered why he was never heard from in that he was listed in the Italian fallen soldiers of WW1 listing... in June of 1916. His wife and children were still in the US.

I can make out some words with the help of google, that he was a deserter and probably sentenced to additional years of service? Would make sense as he had moved to the US in the early 1900's before the age of 20. I see a line at the top that I think says the consulate of Chicago, which would make sense as he lived in IL. I see something about transferred to 1893 class, and at the bottom again wondering was he assigned a different military record ID in the 1893 class? I was surprised not to see anything around his death, so maybe this is why.

Thanks!
D.
Attachments
CREDI-AUGUSTO-MO1884-13558.JPG