Descendent of Stefano Tedesco Oddo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
peteroddo

Descendent of Stefano Tedesco Oddo

Post by peteroddo »

Hello. My name is Peter Oddo and I am a descendent of Stefano Tedesco Oddo (see link). I am trying to find out if I have any family still in the Palermo area and if I am related to anyone on this site. I live in New Jersey. My grandfather was Salvatore Oddo and he came to this country in early 1900.

http://www.chieracostui.com/costui/docs ... sp?ID=1834
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Descendent of Stefano Tedesco Oddo

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 242 Oddo currently residiing in Palermo province. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Oddo inthe first line and PA (for entire province) in second line and click CERCA. Go to www.ellisisland.org for Salvatore oddo's entry into the USA at NYC as an immigrant and review the manifest for his town of origin and and then return to the www.paginebianche.it and insert the town of origin where PA was last placed for any current Oddo residing in the town of origin who may be related to you. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Descendent of Stefano Tedesco Oddo

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterOddo, according to the site that you have published, Stefano was born in Alimena (May 19, 1836) and died in Palermo (May 12 1882). According to Wikipedia his surname was Tedesco, he changed it to Tedeschi (plural of Tedesco) and then to Oddo.
Alimena is a small town (about 2500 inhabitants) you may find a profile of Alimena at http://en.comuni-italiani.it/082/002/. From there you have a link to the telephone directory and you will see that there are 3 families with the surname Tedesco an a dozen of Oddo.