Looking for my Relatives

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
PaulineRader

Looking for my Relatives

Post by PaulineRader »

I am looking for 3 relatives who possibly departed Italy from the port of Naples after 1890 to live in Philadelphia, PA. They were all related. Vittoria Gaudelli, Anna Gaudelli and Nicholas Gaudelli. All from Molise region of Campobasso.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yhere does not appear to be any record for Nicola, Amnma or Vittoria entering thru Ellis Island which started in 1892 so they either arrived at NYC before 1892 or entered thru another port like Phiadelphia and you can go two routes with this. One go to the Family History Library of the Mormon church and request the microfilm NARA microfil T-526-2 which corresponds to the FHL catalogue #1380257 for entry into the USA at Philadelphia from 1883 to 1948. The other thing you can do is file form 81 with NARA by going thru www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm for the form 81 and filing it with the NARA office in Philadelphia (address:www.archives.gov/facilities_by_state.html). Peter
jeno

Post by jeno »

Iam looking for anyone with the name of Fontana , my grandfather lived in a town called Francaville, Itlay He came to the USA in 1910 his family came later, I don't know when, that is what Im looking for. Please help if you can. all my family here are gone now, I would love to know more about my grandfather and anything about his people. I was told once he was from north Itlay, but I found out he was living in a place called Francaville Fontana. ???
His name was Rocco Fontana, and his wife was Virginia, had 7 children.
Thanks
Jean
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I cannot teach you genealogy in one session but I can tell you to start by working backwards from Ellis island for the immigrant who came to the USA from Italy. Once you find the name and date of birth you can find everything. But how todo it! Well There is a book called DISCOVERING YOUR ITSALIAN ANCESTORS by Lynn Nelson. This is a shoret read and the best to understand what you have to do which isn't much since the Family History Library of the Mormon church as microfilm records of all the civil records for Francavilla Fontana for you entire family. You can go to the library nearest your home by calling the Mormon church (Church of Latter day Saints) and asking them where the library is located. You can rent the micorfilm and see all your family dating back to the 1800's/ Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I cannot teach you genealogy in one session but I can tell you to start by working backwards from Ellis island for the immigrant who came to the USA from Italy. Once you find the name and date of birth you can find everything. But how todo it! Well There is a book called DISCOVERING YOUR ITSALIAN ANCESTORS by Lynn Nelson. This is a shoret read and the best to understand what you have to do which isn't much since the Family History Library of the Mormon church as microfilm records of all the civil records for Francavilla Fontana for you entire family. You can go to the library nearest your home by calling the Mormon church (Church of Latter day Saints) and asking them where the library is located. You can rent the micorfilm and see all your family dating back to the 1800's/ Peter
Sharpie

Post by Sharpie »

I did find some information on two names you mentioned on Vittoria and Nicholas.

Email me

Sandra Lamolli
sharpie1@ptd.net
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What information do you have and are so ashamed of that you cannot put it in this forum but have to hide bejhind e-mail because you know that you have little information of value to offer. Peter
Sharpie

Post by Sharpie »

Peter Pan,

I have access to the records to the Moron records in Utah. Including census, deaths, births. Actual documents.

What do you have? Don't answer that because I know you have nothing but tell people go to your nearest Family Search Center.

Está bien yo no necesito ayudar nadie en este foro. Permita que ellos sigan su principal que no es mucho. Translate that...

È ok non ho bisogno di aiutare nessuno in questo foro. Loro ha lasciato segue il suo piombo che non è molto.

Adios Estúpido.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

ADIOS Y BUENA SUERTE Peter