adoption

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
twofishes

adoption

Post by twofishes »

I am wondering before I get started and excited is it possible to get citizenship if my grandmother was adopted. and to even further the difficulties, my parents where not married. My grandfather came from Italy and I would be getting citizenship from him. My grandparents and both of my parents are deceased. I am thinking it could be difficult , if not impossible?? due to the birth certificate regarding adoption and no Marianne certificate.

Thanks,
J
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: adoption

Post by PeterTimber »

Gp to www.myitalianfamily.com for your inquiry. They give you a half hour free consultation. =Peter=
~Peter~
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: adoption

Post by JamesBianco »

In Italy an adopted child (provided the adoption takes place while the child is still a minor) has all of the same rights and privileges as that of natural born issue.

Working out the details of your eligibility is a different issue, check out the website listed on the post by petertimber to determine if you qualify.

Good Luck!