About to send requests to Sicily?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
helpplease

About to send requests to Sicily?

Post by helpplease »

I had a few questions before sending in my request first my GFF was born in Palermo in 1885 I was able to find the address of where to send that request well I have it somewhere, but the real question is that my GGM was born in Monterosso Almo in Sicily and I am unsure where to request her birth certificate from. They were married in Palermo in 1914 and so can I send the request for both the marriage record and birth record to the same place in on envelope? Thank you so much for your help and Happy Columbus Day! Mike
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: About to send requests to Sicily?

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
when you send a request, you can write down, only in italian, to receive several documents, all in one letter.
Remember that you should need to add: self addressed envelope + IRC (international reply coupon, to be bought at local post office) + copy of your ID. Be as much as specific in your request written in italian
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo