Need help applying for citizenship in Chicago?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Lucia27

Need help applying for citizenship in Chicago?

Post by Lucia27 »

Ciao a tutti!

I just wanted to let you all know about INAS a social service agency for Italians and Italian-Americans. We are located in Orland Park, IL. We can help you get all of your citizenship papers in order before your appointment with the consulate. Our services are free, you just need to pay the cost of getting documents sent to you, etc. We can also translate documents, help you or your family members apply for an Italian pension, prepare life certificates, or advocate on someone's behalf if they are having problems with their pensions. Again, all of our services are free! So, if you need help with pensions, citizenship, documents, etc., give us a call! We are funded by the Italian government, which is how we are able to not charge for our services; it also means we are completely legitimate.

Our number is (708) 460-6030.

Thanks!
Lucia
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Need help applying for citizenship in Chicago?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Lucia27 wrote:Ciao a tutti!

I just wanted to let you all know about INAS a social service agency for Italians and Italian-Americans. We are located in Orland Park, IL. We can help you get all of your citizenship papers in order before your appointment with the consulate. Our services are free, you just need to pay the cost of getting documents sent to you, etc. We can also translate documents, help you or your family members apply for an Italian pension, prepare life certificates, or advocate on someone's behalf if they are having problems with their pensions. Again, all of our services are free! So, if you need help with pensions, citizenship, documents, etc., give us a call! We are funded by the Italian government, which is how we are able to not charge for our services; it also means we are completely legitimate.

Our number is (708) 460-6030.

Thanks!
Lucia
So then you are/your office is a Patronato? Do all patronati assist with citizenship jure sanguinis applications?

Interesting...

PS: For other readers, most consulate web sites list the patronati for their local region. The New York consulate lists them here, for example.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

While we are on the subject of patronati...

I am a dual citizen (US/Italy) who has never lived in Italy (I am trying!!) and thus has never paid into Italian health or pension funds.

What, if any, patronati services are available to persons such as myself?
Lucia27

Post by Lucia27 »

We are in fact a Patronato. I can't speak for all Patronati but I know that any INAS/CISL will help with citizenship issues. While our main service is helping people with pensions, we also can translate documents or help you request documents from Italy. Is there something specific you need help with?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Lucia27 wrote:We are in fact a Patronato. I can't speak for all Patronati but I know that any INAS/CISL will help with citizenship issues. While our main service is helping people with pensions, we also can translate documents or help you request documents from Italy. Is there something specific you need help with?
Ciao Lucia.

There is nothing specific at this time. As a relatively new Italian citizen, I have little knowledge of what services I may be entitled to or how I might improve those services by paying into the Italian healthcare or pension systems, for example. Also, how might my options change if/when my wife (also dual citizen) and I move to Italy.
Lucia27

Post by Lucia27 »

Actually, they have recently changed the laws in Italy, so you can no longer just pay into the pension system to make up for not having worked enough years in Italy. However, if/when you and your wife move to Italy, as long as you work there for at least a year and have worked at least 15 years total between your time in the U.S. and your time in Italy, you are entitled to an Italian pension. It won't be much, obviously, but it's something. Obviously, working more than a year in Italy will mean getting more money, but those are the base requirements.
teakandreggie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by teakandreggie »

Hi Lucia,
I am trying to obtain my grandmother's birth certificate from Terlizzi. I have sent 3 letters. The last letter was sent Dec 1st registered mail with return signature requested. To date I have not rec'd a response from them nor a return signature.
I left a message at the above #. If you think you can help me, please contact me.
Thank you.
Teak
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Lucia27 wrote:Ciao a tutti!

I just wanted to let you all know about INAS a social service agency for Italians and Italian-Americans. ...
Thanks!
Lucia
Lucia, are you still here?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rett7

Re: Need help applying for italian pension

Post by rett7 »

Hi I hold Italian and Canadian passports, have worked in Italy for two years and have worked in Canada for over 20 years and am working overseas now. I am trying to figure out how to find out about my pension status - I am 51 years old and want to be proactive in my planning for retirement. Can anyone here help me go about this?
Thanks in advance,
Rett7
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

With just two countries to consider why seek out the information on your fast browser search button or google.com since you will need specifics downthe line anyway?? =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

I have looked into this in regards to US and Italy dual citizens and can tell you that the two countries have an agreement in place which covers persons who have worked and paid into both systems. See http://www.ssa.gov/international/Agreem ... italy.html

Basically, anyone who has worked at least 12 months under each system can, at retirement, choose which of the two he/she wishes to govern his benefits. In any case, the total amount paid into the two systems is "totalized" so that no work credits are lost.

I don't read enough italiano to figure this out, but this INPS (Italy's social security system) page might be helpful: http://www.inps.it/newportal/default.as ... =5964&p4=2
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Carmine

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

TEAK! This is for you. I suspect you did not write in Italian or sent your letter to a wrong address since there is no charge for tghe document you requested so there should not have been any prblem. You do not need to send a registered letter just a regular letter will do and mail it to the UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE, MUNICIPIO, COMUNE DI TERLIZZI, 70038, PROVINCIA BARI, PUGLIA, ITALY

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for the form letters to make a request in Italian langiage. =Peter=
~Peter~
corrado
Elite
Elite

Post by corrado »

I had my appointment in Chicago on Aug 6th 2010. I had a no-records letter.
They told me it would take 18 months. I am ok with this, mnaturally, but does anyone have current information on how long it takes. They seem to have several 'tracks' and I am on the slow one. My daughter wants to study in Europe in fall 2011 so please let me know if you can.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

corrado wrote:I had my appointment in Chicago on Aug 6th 2010.
Hmmmm.....
Carmine