Certificate Signatures

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Cen51

Certificate Signatures

Post by Cen51 »

If I am unable to decipher some signatures of officials (attending physician, clerk etc.) on certificates for my translations will the NY consulate consider this a problem?

Thanks to all.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Certificate Signatures

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Cen51 wrote:If I am unable to decipher some signatures of officials (attending physician, clerk etc.) on certificates for my translations will the NY consulate consider this a problem?

Thanks to all.
Don't even try. Just put "[firma]" there.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Re: Certificate Signatures

Post by Mulé »

I didn't know you could just use [firma] without knowing whom signed it. :) Would have saved me some time for sure...

I actually had a fun time doing that research. I had to find 3 or 4 names of officials, who's signature could not be read, doctors and clerks on various documents during the translation process. I called county courts, hospitals, departments of state, etc... was fun. Took some googling on the last one to find a obituary to place the last name/signature. Amazing what you can find online. The obituary confirmed that the individual was the county clerk in the 40s. Good luck...