deleted

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

deleted

Post by bmilazzo »

deleted
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Update on my DC quest

Post by johnnyonthespot »

bmilazzo wrote: The Consulate appears to be interested in when my gf entered the US and that he remained an alien, Italian citizenship, and that he was never naturalized.
Those three pieces of information are key to the entire jure sanguinis process.

a) when he entered the US - before or after the birth of your immediate ancestor (your mother or father).

b) did he ever renounce his Italian citizenship, and, if so, did he do so before or after the birth of your mother/father

c) did he become a naturalized US citizen and, again, did he do so before or after the birth of your mother/father

Have you located any of these records yet?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

The
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

NARA branches do not have records for all naturalizations; in New York City, for example, NARA holds records only for persons who naturalized in the federal court system. Prior to the 1950's, most people in the area naturalized within the state court system.

The only definitive answer for naturalizations which may have occurred after 1905 is the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service - USCIS. See http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... 18190aRCRD for information on ordering an Index and possibly Records Search.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

I
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

bmilazzo wrote:I have three identical but separately send inquires into USCIS. The DHS and USCIS systems are very unresponsive and unreliable. I know this from my work in another area.
The appropriate link for dual citizenship issues with USCIS is:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/ ... 18190aRCRD
Yes, but the other page has the actual "About Index Search", "About Records "Request", and "Make a Genealogy Request" links. :)

It is true that USCIS response is poor, but in the end, your jure sanguinis application will not move forward until you have the USCIS certified letter of no records found (or, of course, naturalization documents). Also, some consulates now seem to be demanding a copy of the actual certificate of naturalization. Unless you have the original document, the only agency where this can be found (for naturalizations after 1905) is USCIS.
Carmine

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: deleted

Post by wldspirit »

Why the deleted postings?? :?
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."