Chicago consulate?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
italianstall10n

Chicago consulate?

Post by italianstall10n »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has applied for dual-citizenship through the Chicago Consulate, and if so, what you experiences were.

I am having a bit of trouble with a few things they require, and was wondering if they actually check them.

The first is my GGM birth certificate (she is not the ancestor with Italian blood), which I cannot obtain a certified copy through Cook County, but I do have a long form (just a copy though)

The second document is marriage certificates from Cook County. They do not include birth dates, and places of birth.

Lastly, I was wondering how picky they were on the whole name changing a few letters here and there..

If ANYONE who has experience with the Chicago consulate can contact me on here or PM me,that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Chicago consulate?

Post by CowryShells »

Hi!

I'm sorry I don't have experience with the Chicago consulate but I did need a Cook Co. marriage certificate. It was not issued in long form (with names of the bride's and groom's parents), so the clerk issued a certified letter of explanation. Also, I needed to get apostilles on both the marriage intention and the marriage certificate.

Hope that helps!

The marriage certificate was from the 1950s and it also did not have the birth dates or birth places of the bride and groom.
italianstall10n

Post by italianstall10n »

Did you have any trouble getting the certified letter of explanation?
CowryShells
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CowryShells »

It was a few reminder calls to the clerk, who seemed very busy, but she said she does these all the time for the Italian consulates.

Edit to say I sent you a pm.
corrado
Elite
Elite

Post by corrado »

I used the auto decleration in Chicago and they had no problem with that at all.
If you want to look at it search my previous posts.

Marriage certs in cook co don't come in long form, no problem.

I don't think if someone is not in the line of citizenship a missing doc is a show stopper. Get what you can.