NYC Sept 10th Appointment Recap GGF> GF> M> Self

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: NYC Sept 10th Appointment Recap GGF> GF> M> Sel

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Does anyone have the contact information for kennith cobb?

I am applying through my GGF and his birth and death certificate do not match because his americanized name was used on his death certificate. Felix instead of his birth name which is Felice. he was born in 1916 and died not to long ago. Does anyone know what should do? his mother was filomena and the death certificate was spelled Philomena she died in 1960. someone please offer advice and give any contacts you can.
thanks,
Dave
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Dear Dave, who should do the amendament on his death record using his italian birth certificate (with name of parents).
You need the international format of birth certificate, so US vital statistics can make the amendaments
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

His birth certificate is American. if they amend his birth certificate would I have to ammend his marriage certificate. more importantly MY GGF naturalization record list him on living with him as felice. could american death certificates be ammended?

Thanks Ricardo

Dave
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

all the certificates can be amendend, but the naturalization certificate.
so if he was born in USA, use his US birth certificate, to amend his marriage and death.
italian law says that all the paperwork must be clear, with not discrepancies on dates and places, otherwise application is denied
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

How would I go about amending them who would I even contact. I live in NYC and if i apply then get denied can I apply again? please check your email I am interested in your services.

Dave
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Dave, when you will be there at your appointment, the guy in charge for your application will check if all the paperworks is ok, with not discrepancies, withe right dates and places of birth, marriage and death.
So if something in your papers is not sounding good, I know that they postpone another appointment to apply again.
So all your paperworks needs to be perfect, translated and apostilled
Read my email back to you, and please let me know
bye Riccardo
sceaminmonkey wrote:How would I go about amending them who would I even contact. I live in NYC and if i apply then get denied can I apply again? please check your email I am interested in your services.

Dave
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

to amend the papers, every single US state has different rules, go to NY vital statistics (or to vital statistics where birth, marriage and death occurred) and ask for infos
bye Riccardo
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Hi jennabet -

Your document can work, but w/ the NYC Consulate they will want the wording to show w/out a shadow of a doubt that your relative did not become a US Citizen. Your certificate shows that they could not find a record. You'll want to send a letter to the address w/ photocopies of the original certificate asking for an ammendment or expansion on line 4 to say specifically that s/he did not become a US Citizen.

Good luck!
Marie
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

JavaisLife (Marie), my document DOES say that he did not become a US citizen. We will be using San Francisco Consulate, not New York but a couple of our documents are from New York.
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SChiarini »

Jenna & Marie

How long ago did you request the USCIS letter that states he did not become a US citizen? From what I was told by USCIS, is that as of Jan 2008, they no longer issue letters of status verification. They even gave me a piece of paper stating that they don't verify their status any more, just if they found a document or not ?
JavaisLife
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JavaisLife »

Hi SChiarini,

I wrote my request (see address and contact above) in Aug. I received my response a few days before my appointment.

Best,
Marie
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

I wrote to them in July; received an answer in September -- less than five weeks.
Gianna75010
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gianna75010 »

Has anyone gotten a letter of non-existence when their ancestor had an alien file on record? My GGF was never naturalized, but had an alien file on record. Will the USCIS still issue a letter of non-existence of records?
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

Gianna, immigrants who never naturalized were Aliens and all of them, unless they were in the country illegally would have had an Alien card. The fact that your GGF has an Alien file on record should not be the reason why you haven't received a letter of non-existence of record. It could be that your GGF WAS naturalized but you haven't yet found a record of it. You should try looking in the Regional Archives for his state of residence.
mike123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mike123 »

where would one find an alien card and how would I go about geting one for an ancestor of mine?