Change italian birth certificate?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mike123
Rookie
Rookie

Change italian birth certificate?

Post by mike123 »

So I have some excellent news. they found my Great grandmothers birth certificate but, it was from 3 years earlier than we thought and it was spelled Verdescha not verdeschi. what is the NYC consulate going to say about it? and more importantly what can I do?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Change italian birth certificate?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Mike, if I recall correctly, your great-grandmother is not in your direct-lineage. That being the case, it is most likely that the NYC consulate will never even ask to see this document.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
mike123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mike123 »

I know and yes you are correct however, I am hearing horror stories of the NYC consulate they are strict which is understandable. what can be done if anything at all and the researcher sent me a scanned copy and said the consulate would accept that . is that true?
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Carmine is right. Worry about discrepancies in the direct line. They will likely not even look at her documents.