Conflicting info regarding documents needed

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
beauac
Veteran
Veteran

Conflicting info regarding documents needed

Post by beauac »

I may not live to see my dreams of Italian citizenship come to fruition. This really takes alot out of you, so much work, so many details. Without this website and the people here it would be twice as hard though.

So after reading through archives here on this site, some people say you need to have every last document to be recognized, such as for the spouses as well. I have or at least will have all the documents for the direct line of men. The thing is to get the birth record of my great grandmother would be alot of extra money and time as she was born in Italy and the details are sketchy. I do not know what town in Italy my gggm was born in, so that would require much extra time and money. All I am saying is that I might not have every piece of documentation for the spouses of my gggf and ggf and that some posts suggest its perfectly fine and some suggest this will deny you.

Thoughts? Suggestions or advice?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Conflicting info regarding documents needed

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Every report we have had from people applying in NYC (including myself and some others who were very recent) has been that NYC shows no interest in birth or death certificates for persons not in the direct-line.

I have seen similar reports from other consulates on this and other forums. Which consulate will you be using?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
beauac
Veteran
Veteran

Post by beauac »

NYC consulate. There is no CT consulate, right?
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

there is no CT consulate. You are in the jurisdiction of the New York consulate.

1. WHO MAY APPLY
If you are resident within the jurisdiction of the Italian Consulate in New York: the Municipality of New York City, the State of New York, the State of Connecticut and the British Territories of Bermuda Islands, you may apply for Italian citizenship at the Consulate General of Italy in New York.