Forms Houston Consulate sent after approval

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
amaglioc
Rookie
Rookie

Forms Houston Consulate sent after approval

Post by amaglioc »

So here are the documents sent to me by the Houston Consulate *after* my citizenship was recognized. I'm hoping some of you might find this valuable and also help me to guess what info they want.

On page 1 of the "Declaration," they request "Anno di prima emigrazione" or "year of first emigration." Any idea what that means? I don't have a good guess for that, especially since the next question is "date of arrival in Texas, Oklahoma, Lousiana, or Arkansas." Perhaps that question is intended for Italians who come to the US, and I should answer "Not Applicable?"

For that second question, I was planning to list the very first time I moved to Texas, which was 1976. I have left Texas and returned a couple times since then, however. What do you think about those two questions?

Then, under "city of last residence in Italy" I planned to list: "None" and perhaps put the same thing under "province." [oh, should I be answering these questions in Italian? I could use Google Translate to do it.]

On page 2, section 4 is Document. It asks for passport information like date of issue and number. I assume they mean my Italian passport once it's issued. Do you agree? It seems hard to imagine they want my US passport information. Thus I intend to leave it blank. [their instructions say to send these documents back in order to facilitate the passport process, so I'm not supposed to wait, it seems]

Then, on the AIRE enrollment form, for the "place of birth" line I assume I should use the place I was actually born, LOL. I know how dumb that sounds.

Any feedback is appreciated, and hopefully this helps others along their journey if they see these or similar documents!

Amos Magliocco

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Forms Houston Consulate sent after approval

Post by johnnyonthespot »

For year of first emigration, city of residence in Italy, and similar items, you can write "N/A" which means the same in Italian as in English, Not Applicable / Non Applicabile.

Your place of birth is just that - the place named on your birth certificate.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
amaglioc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amaglioc »

Thanks, Carmine!

I'm still in the make-no-mistakes mode, although I could probably afford to relax a bit now.

Amos
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

congrats amaglioc! Must feel great being "done" or not in crazy mode trying to pull documents. I'm the beginning and have my appointment on Jan 31, 2011. I'm very worried.