Final steps

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Final steps

Post by bmilazzo »

When all your photocopied documents have been accepted, then you are told everything is in order and to make an appointment at the consulate to turn in you originals - what does this mean? Are you accepted for citizenship and is the submission a formality?
mler
Master
Master

Re: Final steps

Post by mler »

No, they will look at everything again and inform you when your citizenship is recognized.
ForzaItaliaPgh
Elite
Elite

Post by ForzaItaliaPgh »

WHich consulate are you using? I don't believe Philly takes photocopies, but if they did it would make life easier. Did they tell you send the photocopies or did you ask if they'd review your application prior to your appt?
Researching BARONTINI family from Tuscany
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

I had a meeting back in July. I was asked to submit some additional documents. I did this, sent everything they asked with photocopies as they requested. The DC person at the consulate called me and told me that he had reviewed everything and that I should make an appointment to submit the originals for my application. According to him everything was correct and accepted by him.
I'm going through Boston.
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

For some reason every time I post it is done in duplicate
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

according to past posts here, I have been accepted. Is this correct?

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... rt=30.html
bmilazzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bmilazzo »

I am not saying that the photocopied documents have been accepted, only that what is in them has been accepted. Subject to verification with the submission of the originals, I am accepted. Yes?
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Don't worry about it. It looks like they believe you qualify. They will notify you when you are permitted to apply for a passport.