Passenger Arrival

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ginnyo

Passenger Arrival

Post by ginnyo »

In searching for passenger arrival information of my grandfather, neither
Ellis Island.com or NAR have any record of his arrival. However, I have his naturalization papers which indicate he arrived in New York on the ship Princess Louise.

I have heard of a ship Princess Irene but not of Princess Louise. Does anyone know how I can research the existance and records of this ship?

He left from the port of Naples, Italy.

Thank you.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Passenger Arrival

Post by suanj »

ginnyo wrote:In searching for passenger arrival information of my grandfather, neither
Ellis Island.com or NAR have any record of his arrival. However, I have his naturalization papers which indicate he arrived in New York on the ship Princess Louise.

I have heard of a ship Princess Irene but not of Princess Louise. Does anyone know how I can research the existance and records of this ship?

He left from the port of Naples, Italy.

Thank you.
...and surname and first name your grandfather..?are : Princesse Maria, Princesse Jolanda,Princesse Giovanna, Princesse Mafalda.. but if your ancestor arrived in New York sure was arrived in ellis island port..please let me know all info on your ancestor..regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

He probhably was held over ast Ellis Island for some reason and then cleared up what they off loaded him for and put him and HIS NAME on the next incoming passenger line for the short hop to NYC so he could be officially admitted into the USA. This is what probably occurred. I will check the sailings if you give me the date (s) so we can narrow it down...Remeber always give ALL the information you have. Peter
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Peter and Suanj Thanks for the quick response.

Peter, you are right. My mother tells of his being detained due to his claiming he had no money. He was advised by family to say this until a kind older gentleman told him to claim accurately the money he had with him. I think he was detained 2-3 days.

Name: Pietro Perugini
Arrived New York on March 8, 1905
Princess Louise from Naples, Italy sailed Feb. 26, 1905

Additional info: Born June 27, 1890
Morcone, Benevento, Italy

This is all the information I have.

Thanks!

Thanks!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

He enetred on the SS Republic May 23,1905 destined to his cousin in Connecticut. You can see where they changed the amount of money he had....you should have it framed!! He is passenger number 1. Peter
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Thanks for your trouble Peter but this is not my grandfather. This man was 28 years old, married, and came from Pontelandolfo. My grandfather was 15 years old, single, and came from Morcone.

Know anything about a ship Princess Louise?

Thanks again!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes I do what do you want to know? Peter
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Where can I get info on its sailings and passenger lists so I can look for recording of my grandfather's passage?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The only ship coming in thatg closely matches is the KOENGIN LUISE opn March 9,1905 at NYC. There is no ships manifest to view. Are you sure he came in thru NYC?? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The other possiblity is a ship named Prinzess Irene arriving on 3.29/1905 at NYC. If you wish to locate the ship Princess Louise (possilbly Luise). Hunting for a ship and a manifest is difficult. Start off with www.cimorelli.com. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ginnyo wrote:Thanks for your trouble Peter but this is not my grandfather. This man was 28 years old, married, and came from Pontelandolfo. My grandfather was 15 years old, single, and came from Morcone.

Know anything about a ship Princess Louise?

Thanks again!
Hi, only this:
1-Ship Prindsesse Louise-Norwegian fleet... also called Princess Louise...
2-More only Louise name: Louise* 1872 - 1916 sold to Sweden
3-THE BEGINNING OF THE B.C.C.S. The Canadian Pacific Railway took control of the C.P. Navigation Co. on January 12,1901. The British Columbia Coast Service (B.C.C.S) -Officially commenced on May 15,1903. The first Princess in the fleet was the side wheeler "Princess Louise"
Captain James W. Troup took over as Manager, and by the late 1940's they had as many as 26 passenger ships. I believe it retained the name B.C.C.S. till sometime in the 1970's after B.C.Ferries, were started and all the passenger ships were either sold or on other duties.
SS PRINCESS LOUISE: The First Princess (Sidewheeler) http://members.shaw.ca/gcsimpson/cprfleet.htm
4-Princess Louise (1) (1869 - 932 gt) and Princess Louise (2) (1921 - 4,032 gt) http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/CP5.html
5-Princess Louise (1) 1869 ex- Olympia , 1901 taken over with Canadian Pacific Navigation Co. renamed Princess Louise, 1906 sold to Marpole MacDonald, Victoria.
6- Princess Louise Year of build 1921 Canadian Pacific Railway Company` and `Canadian Pacific Steamships Ltd`. http://www.plimsoll.org/OnTheLine/Shipp ... etlist.asp
7- Passenger Ship Arrivals: SS Koenigin Louise, from Bremen to NYC on June 5, 1912 (partial listing) http://www.pgsctne.org/publication2.html

regards, suanj
PS: are many Perugini people misspelled from Morcone on ellis island, I've searched for you in all misspelled shape(Perngini, Peruzini, Perusini, Pevusini, Perugino, Perugina etc..Perogini, Peragini, Perogino etc) but nobody Pietro Perugini came in 1905
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is another vessel PRINZESSIN VICTORIA LUISE of the Hamburg American Line built 1900 and scrapped 1925 which may be the vessel. I will check and let you know. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The ship KOENGIN LUISE arrived on March 9, 1905 and that is the closest to the date of arrival you specified at NYC. Peter
ginnyo

Post by ginnyo »

Peter and Suanj:

I cannot thank you both enough for your efforts.

Ginnyo
New York
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is a Lorenzo Purugini that came from Moricone and perhaps this is the correct name or the error for Perugini?? Peter