Cristoforo Colombo Passenger List- 1963

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
OneLShel83

Cristoforo Colombo Passenger List- 1963

Post by OneLShel83 »

I'm looking for some suggestions on where to find a passenger list from 1963.

My dad came over from Italy and arrived in New York on March 20, 1963. I don't know when they departed (from Naples), but my father seems to remember it taking 15 days.

He is about 98% sure that the ship's name was the Cristoforo Colombo, but I cannot find the passenger list anywhere.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Grazie
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Cristoforo Colombo Passenger List- 1963

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Is your father a naturalized US citizen? If not, surely he is a registered alien. These documents should contain information on how, when, and on what carrier he arrived in the US.

You might try telephoning the National Archives (toll-free: 1-866-272-6272) and inquiring about the availability of passenger lists form the 1960's.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
OneLShel83

Post by OneLShel83 »

Yes, he is a US citizen. Thank you for your suggestion-- I really appreciate it.
OneLShel83

Post by OneLShel83 »

hmmm, I think the National Archives only goes up to 1957. That's the problem I seem to be having-- nothing I find goes past that date.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

OneLShel83 wrote:hmmm, I think the National Archives only goes up to 1957. That's the problem I seem to be having-- nothing I find goes past that date.
Right. But I Am thinking a telephone call might garner some information on where later records can be found (if at all ).
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
OneLShel83

Post by OneLShel83 »

johnnyonthespot wrote:
OneLShel83 wrote:hmmm, I think the National Archives only goes up to 1957. That's the problem I seem to be having-- nothing I find goes past that date.
Right. But I Am thinking a telephone call might garner some information on where later records can be found (if at all ).
You're right; it's worth a shot. :) thx
mngianino

Post by mngianino »

Did you ever learn any more about the passenger list for your father on the Cristoforo Colombo. My husband also traveled to America on that ship and arrived in New York on April 3, 1963. He thinks the trip took 7 days from Naples. We are trying to learn more about the passenger list on his arrival and also the port it arrived in, in York? Ellis Island was closed. Your help or anyone's would be appreciated.