will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: will the commune respond and how long will it take?

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I can't make a concrete plan without this information. What I am saying is if I'm a citizen i will stay past the 4 months and complete the 8 blocs of the program if not I am gona stay just over 90 days but I will need a visa. But if I'm a citizen why would I apply for a visa?
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Just to be clear My plans are dependent on if they registered me or not. They told me 3-4 months and it's passed that . Remember if you stay past a certain amount of time you need to purchase earth insurance etc and go through a whole spiel.if they told me 3-4 months why should I stress that ?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Visas can take months to get; they do not happen same day or overnight.

I agree with Kontessa: if there is even the slightest chance that you may require a visa, now is the time to make an appointment and get yourself to the consulate to file an application.

Once there, you can explain your situation - that you are waiting for the results of your citizenship jure sanguinis application, that you intend to be in Italy for an extended period beginning [date], and that in the abscense of citizenship approval you will need a visa to cover your bases.

With luck, the visa office will call the citizenship office and get a status update.

Another possible option would be to get a statement from the consulate that signifies you have a jure sanguinis application in process and then, once in Italy, request a "Permesso di Soggiorno in Attesa di Cittadinanza" - permission to stay pending citizenship approval. Kontessa, do you think this would work?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

There you go! Now that's a solution! I will make a visa appointment now!
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

mler wrote:Gotcha. Since you go to school nearby, why not just stop in and ask your question at the main desk. Maybe they can direct you to someone who can help.
Sounds like a plan.
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

kontessa wrote:Perhaps if you were to submit a copy of your official acceptance into the summer program, and a detailed description of your plans to remain in Italy to the consulate (copies of a lease, etc might help), you might get some advice about what you should do next.
A plan.
kontessa wrote:Are you really planning to make an official change in your residence? If so, perhaps you could make an official declaration to the consulate, and maybe then they would try to expedite your case.
A plan.
kontessa wrote:Or if you get really desperate, you could request that your case be transferred to your new comune in Italy once you arrive in country?
A plan.
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

kontessa wrote:Why not just call and make an appointment for a visa? If your letter arrives before your appointment, cancel. If not, then go to the appointment and request a visa, noting that you are waiting for your citizenship packet to be completed. Maybe then you'll receive the information about your case, and a visa won't be necessary.
A plan.
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

johnnyonthespot wrote:if there is even the slightest chance that you may require a visa, now is the time to make an appointment and get yourself to the consulate to file an application.

Once there, you can explain your situation - that you are waiting for the results of your citizenship jure sanguinis application, that you intend to be in Italy for an extended period beginning [date], and that in the abscense of citizenship approval you will need a visa to cover your bases.

With luck, the visa office will call the citizenship office and get a status update.
Another suggestion for a similar plan.
johnnyonthespot wrote:Another possible option would be to get a statement from the consulate that signifies you have a jure sanguinis application in process and then, once in Italy, request a "Permesso di Soggiorno in Attesa di Cittadinanza" - permission to stay pending citizenship approval.
Another suggestion for a similar plan.
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

johnnyonthespot wrote:Kontessa, do you think this would work?
I think that any one of the plans that were suggested might work. :) OP only needs to select one, and take some action.

IMHO, I think that the OP's citizenship recognition letter will probably arrive before his/her departure and all of this clamoring for a plan will be for naught. :lol:
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

trying to weasel my way in to the consulate after class is not going to work the guard wont let you walk in for nothing. I had to give a document in that i forgot to hand in and they wouldn't let me back in and the appointment was 15 minutes earlier. " what if" and "try" are not solid plans. the suggestions posted in quotation marks are more open ended then my plans are. I did call the consulate and made a visa appointment through the service. I also spoke to someone on the phone and said to her that I would be staying over 4 months, I also said that I had a pending application etc. she seemed to not really care and said make an appointment and maybe I will get approved for a visa and If I don't I would have to leave the country after 90 days. I should have just called right away and made a visa appointment . I guess if they dont approve me then I need to leave after 90 days/ :( :cry:
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

sceaminmonkey wrote:" what if" and "try" are not solid plans. the suggestions posted in quotation marks are more open ended then my plans are.
Sorry 'bout that. Next time instead of suggesting ideas for a plan, maybe it's best to identify it as a recommendation for action. Hmmm.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Sorry if our suggestions were not helpful. We've all been through the wait process and survived it. I suspect you will too.
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

I'm in the same step like you....am waiting for the respond too....but i'm curious about something very important....Can the documents be refused in the comune in Italy ??....or it just goes there for registration ?.......because Mler said that if there're some wrong info , the papers would return back to the consulate..but how will any consulate send wrong documents ??..
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

I don't recall saying that. Perhaps you misunderstood. In any case, it would be most unlikely for the comune to refuse to register documents that have been sent to them by the consulate. It may have happened, but I would think that such instances are exceedingly rare.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

I am confident I will survive as well. I am not asking for suggestions on how to wait and survive the process. I am asking for suggestions on how to stay in italy past 4 months since they have not got back to me within the time frame they said. and I want to do it without having to do work arounds like trying to show up at the consulate and have someone see me. a visa seems like the best way to go.