A Good Sign??

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran

A Good Sign??

Post by Donald66 »

We had our 1st appointment July 2010 and our follow up appointment was October 2010.

We havent heard anything from the NYC Consulate since our October appointment.

Does this mean everything looks Good???
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Re: A Good Sign??

Post by sceaminmonkey »

this probably is not helpful but, from what I have been reading on many different post on many different forums I would say there is no way to tell especially with NYC they are crazy busy ( my second appointment was packed with people). some people hear back in a short a mount of time and some take a while. I am trying to figure out why myself. Javaislife recently received her letter after a second appointment and her second one was three months ago. I would say its a good sign they have not asked for an additional letter but who knows?. I am actually curious how they determine who gets approved when. some people have tons of discrepancies but end up hearing before people with none. :?: you can try calling. they told me on the phone write an email. I said I wrote one months ago but they said write it again and I am lying because they always respond. still waiting but give it a try.

I hope you hear very soon!
rgaetano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rgaetano »

Does anyone think that the time for a response from the consulate is highly dependent on your ancestor's comune? Could the time it took to get your ancestor's birth records from the comune be a good indicator of turnover time to hear back from the consulate?
SChiarini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SChiarini »

you bring up a very good point rgaetano! From reading the message board and old posts I thought NYC was the only consulate that approves you and then sends your papers off to the comune? wonder if they send the letter after they approve you or if they wait for the comune to respond?

I actually called the comune yesterday and he said there was about a 3 month waiting time?

In regards to Donald, I forgot if you mentioned there were any discrepancies with your application? Or rather, since you had your second appointment, did you correct all of them?

-Stephanie
Donald66
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Donald66 »

SChiarini wrote:you bring up a very good point rgaetano! From reading the message board and old posts I thought NYC was the only consulate that approves you and then sends your papers off to the comune? wonder if they send the letter after they approve you or if they wait for the comune to respond?

I actually called the comune yesterday and he said there was about a 3 month waiting time?

In regards to Donald, I forgot if you mentioned there were any discrepancies with your application? Or rather, since you had your second appointment, did you correct all of them?

-Stephanie
At the 2nd meeting, we provided everything that was asked for at the 1st meeting. At the 2nd meeting, additional information was requested. We provided that information as well, within days of the 2nd appointment.
Now we wait......
Our comune in Calabria has less than 5,000 people, so how busy can they be?!
LoveJesus22
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LoveJesus22 »

I think You'd better make a call to the consulate where you applied at , therefore you can find out why the answer is still late...Then , i didn't hear that anyone papers which are sent to his ancestral Comune got a refuse i think its all about a registration process and then you receive your confirmation in a letter....did u hear that anyone can get a refuse answer from the comune ? i don't think so plus if you have discrepancies between your documents the consulate the consulate will ask you for it before sending it....so my thoughts that its all about time..