New member onsite - tracing Carobne & Cacciacarro Family

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
SandKay56

New member onsite - tracing Carobne & Cacciacarro Family

Post by SandKay56 »

I am new to the site. I have a project I am working on as a present for my husband. Iam trying to trace his family trees for him. I am looking for any Cacciacarro/Ruggiero family from Rosetto Valfortore, Italy who can help me with the family of Rocco Cacciacarro and Maris Grazia Ruggiero. The Carbone Family I am trying to trace is from Joseph Carbone and Elizabeth Farone fromSicily. Any help would be great thanks.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: New member onsite - tracing Carobne & Cacciacarro Family

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome :-)

There is one person listed in the Italian Phone book in Roseto Valfortore with the surname "Cacciacarro"...
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... Valfortore

And 6 with the surname "Ruggiero"
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... Valfortore

You may wish to write and ask about your husband's ancestors.
Help with letters in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... #relatives

T.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

You haven't told us much about what you have found thus far...

Lots of info on this beautifully typewritten (OMG, I love it when they are typewritten!) manifest for Rocco:

Click once to enlarge; click again for maximum magnification.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Bit of discrepancy on the age... The passenger manifest from 1920 gives Rocco's age as 23, thus born 1897. However these other documents put his birth 10 years earlier in 1887.

Same person?

Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007 about Rocco Cacciacarro
Name: Rocco Cacciacarro
Birth Date: 1888
Race: White
Residence City: Cleveland
Residence County: Cuyahoga
Residence state: Ohio
Residence Country: United States
Death Date: 24 Jun 1966
City of Death: Warrensville Heights
County of Death: Cuyahoga
Certificate: 43268
Age at Death: 78
Certifier: Physician
Autopsy: Yes, not used for certification
Marital Status: Married
Census Tract: 3902

WWII Draft Registration card:

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Lines 12 through 16; Maria and several children arrived US in 1926:

Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Maria?

Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007 about Grace Cacciacarro
Name: Grace Cacciacarro
Birth Date: 1889
Race: White
Residence City: Cleveland
Residence County: Cuyahoga
Residence state: Ohio
Residence Country: United States
Death Date: 27 Apr 1971
Hospital of Death: Phs MT Sinai Medical Center
City of Death: Cleveland
County of Death: Cuyahoga
Certificate: 032630
Age at Death: 82
Certifier: Physician
Marital Status: Widowed
Census Tract: 1193
Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

The 1920 manifest above notes that Rocco was previously in the US from 1910-1914. Here is the 1910 manifest (line 21):

Carmine

Cacciacarro

Cacciacarro's

Post by Cacciacarro »

Hello,
My wife's maiden name is Cacciacarro. Her family is from Roseto,Italy.
I'm sure that we can help you. My wife is currently travelling but I will try and help you in the meantime.
Regards,
Richard
SandKay56

Post by SandKay56 »

Sorry I have not been on the site for sometime. Thank you all very much for your help this is definitely a great start. Tessa thank the information you gave will help. Johnnyonthespot thank you so very much,you name is right on. Yes the information you gave is for my husband's grandfather.
Rocco Cacciacarro did come to the US via Ellis Island. He arrived at the age of 16, on Mar 16, 1903. According to my mother-in-law before she passed away he was actually born in 1887 and did die in 1966.

This is actually more information than I got from my mother-in-law before she passed away. All the information will help. I am having my husband's family tree made for him for Christmas. I just noticed the date of your post. That is mine and my husband's anniversary. What an anniversary gift, thank you.
SandKay56

Post by SandKay56 »

The only information I have so far on the Carbone side of the family is that Joseph Carbone came to the US on March 16, 1910 at age of 19. He was from Palermo, Sicily. The only other information I have is he was a desendant from Bartolomeo Carbone who went to Palermo, sicily in the 14th century from Italy

Joseph Carbone married Elizabeth Farone. Their children were Carmen (my ather-in-law), Sam, Charlie, Clara, Mary, and Angie. Aunt Angie is the only one left living form her family. My father-in-law passed away last year in May. Joseph was a construction worker in Cleveland, OH. They lived in Little Italy section of Cleveland off of Murray Hill. This is the only information that I have of my husband's grandfather.
SandKay56

Post by SandKay56 »

Richard, please let me know if your wife can help with the Cacciacarro side of the family.

Thanks.
SandKay56

Tracing Ruggierio/Ruggiero and Cacciacarro Families from Ros

Post by SandKay56 »

I am tracing our family from Rosetto Val Fortore, Italy. Need information on the sisters and parents of Maria Grazie Ruggiero and Fausto Ruggiero (Fausto was Maria Grazie's brother) their sisters stayed in Rosetto Val Fortore. I have information of the family here in America, but need the family information from Italy.
Cacciacarro

Post by Cacciacarro »

Hi Sandy,

I have Rocco's parents names as well as his two grandfathers.
Pls email me rorr2005@rogers.com.

Regards,
Richard
SandKay56

Post by SandKay56 »

Thanks to some friends that I have made on here, I have made great strides in finding the Cacciacarro Family. I not only have Rocco's father's name, but his grandfather's name and his great grandfather's name. I am now looking for thier spouses families.

Rocco Cacciacarro married Maria Grazia Ruggiero
Rocco's father was Francesco Cacciacarro who was married to Constanza Sbrocchi (this is who my husband's Aunt Connie was named after).
Francesco's father's name was Nicola Cacciacarro who was married to Vitangela Di Tella. Nicola's father's name is Michele Caccciacarro who was married to Giuseppa Checchia. This is as far as I have gotten for the Cacciacarro Family.

I am still trying to find out when Giuseppi (Joseph) Carbone first came to the US before he became a naturalized citizen. His mother Teresa I found lived in Rochester, NY so I am looking for any Carbone's who live in Rochester that may have some information. I am not giving up. At least I have found half of my husband's family and he was amazed at the Genealogy that I had for him that I gave to him on his birthday. He loved it.