Valle dell'Angelo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Valle dell'Angelo

Post by Edmondo »

I am researching all emmigrants who left Valle dell'Angelo (Salerno) to start a new life in the USA and other countries.

Contact me if you have information about emmigrants from Valle dell'Angelo or if you are looking for information.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Valle dell'Angelo

Post by suanj »

Edmondo wrote:I am researching all emmigrants who left Valle dell'Angelo (Salerno) to start a new life in the USA and other countries.

Contact me if you have information about emmigrants from Valle dell'Angelo or if you are looking for information.
this are the families in Valle dell'Angelo, and many people are emigrated:
Abate, Ainora, Andreiuolo, Bruno, Cammarota, Capozzoli, Caputi, Casella, Cavallo, Coccaro, Coseglia, Curcìo, D'Ambrosio, D'Andrea, De Luca, De Vita, Donatiello, Donnantuoni, Ferri, Fiorentino, Forrisi, Gregorio, Guerrieri, lannuzzi, Lamboglia, Lancuba, Liguori, Macchiarulo, Macellaro, Marotta, Mastrandrea, Mazzeo Minelli, Morena, Nicoletti, Nigro, Palladino, Parisi, Passaro, Petillo, Petraglia, Petrone, Roselli, Rubano, Sacco, Salerno, Sansone, Tommasino, Tosiello, Tramontano, Vertullo.
families nickname:
Aucieddo, Bellaamma, Barone, Bammino, Baliciotto, Buongiorno, Barrella, Baldacchino, Capozzola, Catorna, Capitano, Cuculo, Cacapaglia, Chitarra, Ciomma, Cantoscia, Ciafaglia, Caporale, Cucuzzieddo, Cucuzzone, Ciccamiddio, Cazzera, Cocozza, Chiunzo, Cecato, Cappellino, Carlona, Faliana, Fattore, Forgiaro, Fauzo, Gilormo, Caddina, Gianniromini, Iacovone, Luigione, Lonna, Lente, Lauritano, Mastupaolo, Mastucicco, Mastutiroro, Magliato, Marianna, Muliterno, Ngrella, N'Donella, Nantipaglia, NTIzza, N'Bizzapagliera, Paraviso, Poeta, Puoddolo, Papanardo, Pallino, Pieritonna, Peddalonga, Pattanese, Portacocozza, Paccone, Parriddo, Puntuale, Provastico, Parmarieddo, Puntiddo, Patanieddo, Pigliapaisi, Pulicicchio, Papaiularo, Quaquecchia, Roveta, Ruoso, Scitti, Sciore, Sciubito, Sciubenta, Stoppa, Stuorti, Sceddavaiassa, Sceppatacce, Sciaraatti, Squagliafarinata, Sanzone, Santumatteo, Sceddamacchia, Scieri, Sciasciarieddo, Santannecchia, Spicchiuraglio, Tamarro, Tortana, Tabbacchera, Vernieri, Vetone, Vuccungieddo, Vruscianeve, Zapparieddo, Zaarieddo.

bye suanj
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Valle dell

Post by raymo »

Edmondo & Suanj,

I know this post is very, very old, but I am researching my CAPORALE roots. I do not recogonize Valle dell'Angelo from my research, as my family is from Acerra, provincia di Napoli. Where is Valle dell''Angelo? What CAPORALE have you found there?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Raymo:
Acerra is in Napoli province; Valle Dell'angelo in Salerno province; both in Campania region... For Acerra are in mormons center:
Registri ecclesiastici, 1607-1900 Chiesa cattolica. Parrocchia di Acerra (Napoli)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

and

Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1865 Acerra (Napoli). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Raymo,

The name Caporale from Valle dell'Angelo is a nickname, it has nothing to do with the surname Caporale.

If you like I can try to find out to what family in Valle dell'Angelo it is connected but I am almost sure this information will not be usefull to you.

I think you can better focus your search on Acerra and follow the links posted by Suanj.
Tandem fit surculus arbor
PATERNOSTRO8

Post by PATERNOSTRO8 »

IO CERCO TUTTI I SANGIOVANNI
bruja6kids

Post by bruja6kids »

suanj wrote:
Edmondo wrote:I am researching all emmigrants who left Valle dell'Angelo (Salerno) to start a new life in the USA and other countries.

Abate, Ainora, Andreiuolo, Bruno, Cammarota, Capozzoli, Caputi, Casella, Cavallo, Coccaro, Coseglia, Curcìo, D'Ambrosio, D'Andrea, De Luca, De Vita, Donatiello, Donnantuoni, Ferri, Fiorentino, Forrisi, Gregorio, Guerrieri, lannuzzi, Lamboglia, Lancuba, Liguori, Macchiarulo, Macellaro, Marotta, Mastrandrea, Mazzeo Minelli, Morena, Nicoletti, Nigro, Palladino, Parisi, Passaro, Petillo, Petraglia, Petrone, Roselli, Rubano, Sacco, Salerno, Sansone, Tommasino, Tosiello, Tramontano, Vertullo.
families nickname:
Aucieddo, Bellaamma, Barone, Bammino, Baliciotto, Buongiorno, Barrella, Baldacchino, Capozzola, Catorna, Capitano, Cuculo, Cacapaglia, Chitarra, Ciomma, Cantoscia, Ciafaglia, Caporale, Cucuzzieddo, Cucuzzone, Ciccamiddio, Cazzera, Cocozza, Chiunzo, Cecato, Cappellino, Carlona, Faliana, Fattore, Forgiaro, Fauzo, Gilormo, Caddina, Gianniromini, Iacovone, Luigione, Lonna, Lente, Lauritano, Mastupaolo, Mastucicco, Mastutiroro, Magliato, Marianna, Muliterno, Ngrella, N'Donella, Nantipaglia, NTIzza, N'Bizzapagliera, Paraviso, Poeta, Puoddolo, Papanardo, Pallino, Pieritonna, Peddalonga, Pattanese, Portacocozza, Paccone, Parriddo, Puntuale, Provastico, Parmarieddo, Puntiddo, Patanieddo, Pigliapaisi, Pulicicchio, Papaiularo, Quaquecchia, Roveta, Ruoso, Scitti, Sciore, Sciubito, Sciubenta, Stoppa, Stuorti, Sceddavaiassa, Sceppatacce, Sciaraatti, Squagliafarinata, Sanzone, Santumatteo, Sceddamacchia, Scieri, Sciasciarieddo, Santannecchia, Spicchiuraglio, Tamarro, Tortana, Tabbacchera, Vernieri, Vetone, Vuccungieddo, Vruscianeve, Zapparieddo, Zaarieddo.

bye suanj
Suanj, hello!

( a little off-topic here) I see you know a lot about italian names, and I was wondering what you mean by "nicknames"? I mean, what is the difference between a "nickname" and an actual surname? Does this apply all over italy/sicily, or just the town you mentioned?
Thanks (just curious... )
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

bruja6kids wrote:
suanj wrote:

families nickname:

bye suanj
Suanj, hello!

( a little off-topic here) I see you know a lot about italian names, and I was wondering what you mean by "nicknames"? I mean, what is the difference between a "nickname" and an actual surname? Does this apply all over italy/sicily, or just the town you mentioned?
Thanks (just curious... )
The family nicknames are different of the surnames:
-the nicknames don't have official value;
-the nicknames are in local dialect and helpful only for to indentify a family branche in local town....
-they are applied especially in south Italy...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bruja6kids

Post by bruja6kids »

Thank you, Suanj!

I will have to remember that when looking for ancestors- maybe some of them interchanged thier surnames/nicknames. This info helps, as I never knew that they did that..
italy50
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italy50 »

I am surprised to see the town of Valle dell`Angelo on here. The name that struck me the most is "Capozzoli". This name also extends into my family`s town of Castel San Lorenzo, which is probably about 20 kilometers west of Valle Dell`Angelo (approximately). Other names are Bruno, Passaro, and Donatiello, that seem familiar. There was a Capozzoli who "accompanied" a family member of mine. Perhaps they were married. However, unfortunately I lost the info, because I found it when I was researching my family name on Ellis Island, and came across it, when I was researching the "mispelled" version of my name. The date would have been around 1900-1907. I know it doesn`t help, but if you are researching the name, consider also looking in Castel San Lorenzo, Aquara, Felitto, and Laurino
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

PATERNOSTRO8 wrote:IO CERCO TUTTI I SANGIOVANNI
Try searching in Piano Vetrale, comune di Orria in the Salerno Province.
FAndreiuolo

Post by FAndreiuolo »

Hello§
I am an Andreiuolo and my great granfather and granfather were both born in Valle dell Angelo. My great granfather lived for twenty years in the USA (New York) where he married my great granmother Elena Coccaro who was an american born in St Louis, of italian heritage. After going back to Italy for several years the family finally settled in Brazil, where I come from.
MAndreiuolo

Post by MAndreiuolo »

HI! I'm Mary Rose Andreiuolo and my greatgrandfather, Giovanni Andreiuolo (17) and his wife, Philomena Peano (12) came to NYS aound 1870. I thought they came from northern Italy, but maybe they are from Salerno! There are now a few 5th generation Andreiuolos here in NY!
JBee

Post by JBee »

My family name is Petrone, and my family comes from Salerno. I don't know exactly from where in Salerno. My Grandfather moved to Brazil before the II World War and I know that one of his sisters moved to the States. I would like to find them since I also live in the States.
My Grandfather name was Andreas Petrone.
I would appreciate any information.
Thanks.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

You can probably find this informations to Ufficio Anagrafe of Salerno, of course you need to know her name and date of birth
ciao Riccardo