Valle dell'Angelo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
BoatingLdy

Re: Valle dell'Angelo

Post by BoatingLdy »

Peter:

One again my thanks for your help. I feel lucky to have found a wevsite with someone so knowledgable and so willing to help the inexperienced with tracing their heritage.

Trina
Linatommasino

Post by Linatommasino »

Siamo di Valle Dell'Angelo, emigrati in Brasile del 1948 dopo la guerra. Mio padre e emigrato nel 39 per scappare della guerra. Mia madre e venuta dopo com me e mio fratello - Nicola Tommasino. Oggi e medico e abbita a Sao Paulo, Brasile. Vogliamo sapere como ti chiami e di quale famiglia sei?
Siamo Tommasino e Macellaro.

Saluti,

Lina Tommasino
roselaine

Post by roselaine »

Revised with new info.

My grandmother (Bn May 6, 1894) was from Valle dell'Angelo. Her parents were Rosaria Rubano and Carmello Minelli. She was the only one of 6 children to leave descendants. She married Giuseppi Mastandrea, born in the US 1889, whose father, Barbato Mastandrea (Bn 1857), was also from Valle dell'Angelo. This man had a brother who emigrated to South America about 1869.

Barbato Mastandrea married Giuseppa Rubano (Bn 1865 in New York) in 1882. This is a different Rubano family whose origins appear to be Piaggine. Her parents were Peter and Jennie Rubano. (Pietro and Giovanna?) Giuseppa's brother, Felice Rubano, had a wife Maria and several children including a deaf mute son, Frank who married a Rosa, and a daughter Jennie who married a Landi. They had a daughter Rena Landi (Bn 1907).

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone. If so please contact me.

Rosemary
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

delete
mcoccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcoccaro »

Hello,

I am trying to find out the birthday and parents of my grandfather Angelo Coccaro...

He is from Valle dell'Angelo and the only information I have is the following (I am just unsure if it is accurate):

Emilio & Rosina Coccaro gave birth to my grandpa
Angelo Coccaro (birth ??) who passed away in 1965 (he came through Ellis Island as a boy)
I think he has siblings by the name of Francesco (who married a Filomena) & Emil.

He married an Italian girl Maria Jenny Peduto in NYC.

I am currently in Italy and would like to continue my research here...do you have any recommendations of where to begin?
mcoccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcoccaro »

mcoccaro wrote:Hello,

I am trying to find out the birthday and parents of my grandfather Angelo Coccaro...

He is from Valle dell'Angelo and the only information I have is the following (I am just unsure if it is accurate):

Emilio & Rosina Coccaro gave birth to my grandpa
Angelo Coccaro (birth ??) who passed away in 1965 (he came through Ellis Island as a boy)
I think he has siblings by the name of Francesco (who married a Filomena) & Emil.

He married an Italian girl Maria Jenny Peduto in NYC.

I am currently in Italy and would like to continue my research here...do you have any recommendations of where to begin?
OK...I think I found out my grandpa Angelo Coccaro was born in 1887 in Valle Dell'Angelo what other kind of information is out there regarding him?
Porfido

Post by Porfido »

My Grandmother Angelina Pacella, passed away in 1995 and was from Valle dell'Angelo. She married Emidio Porfido, who I believe was also from Valle dell'Angelo. He eventually moved to a large farm in Downsville, NY. He just passed away Dec. 24, 2010 at 107 years of age in Wood-Ridge, NJ. I am attaching a picture of my Grandmother Angelina on her wedding day and a later one I have of her cooking up a delicious meal.
George Iannuzzi

Post by George Iannuzzi »

My Granfather Antonio left Italy (Valle dell'Angelo) in the late 1800's with his brother and newly wedded wife Philomena Cimilo of Piagenne (SP). The legend goes that his brother was not allowed to leave the boat when it arrived at Ellis Island, so he remained on the boat until it landed in South America.

I am interested in attending the Fiest of San Barbato (Iannuzzi) mabe next July, Would you have any details other than the YouTube videos?
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

George, I have about all existing information available related to Valle dell'Angelo but I need some more information. I found no information about a marriage between a Iannuzzi and Cimillo so I asume they married in Piaggine (5 to 10 minutes walk from Valle dell'Angelo).

There are about 30 Iannuzzi's born in Valle dell'Angelo with the name Antonio who could be your grandfather but there is no marriage annotation that one of them married a Cimillo.

I can help you find the information you are looking for but need more info. Do you know his date of birth or do you know the names of your g-grandparents. If not, what are the names of his first born son and/or daughter? What was the name of his brother? Do you know what date they married?
Did you already checked his pasenger record on http://www.EllisIsland.org?

You can share your information here or send me a PM.

I noticed you registered at http://www.valledellangelo.net. You can also join the Valle dell'Angelo History & Genealogy group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/119869674709908/

If you want to attend the feast of San Barbato (July 31st), I can help you to get to Valle dell' Angelo and to find a place to stay. I will be there too in that period :D
Tandem fit surculus arbor
George Iannuzzi

Post by George Iannuzzi »

Edmundo,

So sorry, I just got this message. Obviously I missed this years feast but would still like to make the visit in 2013. Please keep me posted.

My gradnparents' oldest daughter was Katie (Katherine)
vspaniel

Post by vspaniel »

Was wondering if you could tell me you have a photo or know of someone who may of my Great Grandfather Angelo Antonio Mastandrea (or Mastrandrea) born in Valle dell'Angelo on May 29, 1851. Married Maria Rosa Di Perna (who I am also looking for a photo of) in Valle dell'Angelo on April 12, 1877. Any information would also be greatly appreciated.
lofrances

Post by lofrances »

I was looking for information on my family who is from Valle dell'Angelo, the Mastandreas. My great-Great Grandparents Emiddio and Josephine Mastandrea came to the US in 1882 through Castle Gardens. I know Emiddio had a brother Barbato who came to the US as well. Emiddio and Josephine lived in New York where they had my Great-Grandpa Lewis Anthony, they then moved to Chicago. I am planning my honeymoon next year to Italy and I want to go to Valle dell'Angelo to see where my family came from so I just wanted to see if there were any other Mastandreas still living in the area.

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!
Lauren
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Edmondo ..HELLO! I am very happy to see you hale and hearty and still keeping busy. I bet Little Angelo is a big guy by now. I have been away for a while and my first love drew me back to genealogy where you disturb the dead and irritate the living! Warm regards. Peter
~Peter~
marcelococaro

Post by marcelococaro »

Hello,

I'm researching about my great grandfather COCCARO, ANTONIO, who was born in Valle Dell'Angelo around 1875 in order to claim Italian Citizenship.

I have a very special document that is his passport from 1897 which was used when he imigrated to Brazil, but this document only informs where he was born, age (22), etc... Not about his father, mother and exact date of his birth.

Do you know where I can find or how do I do to find his birth certificate?

Many thanks! :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi,
I found several records on the military database, abt the drafting, but I believe that this below match enoungh:

Coccaro

Nome: Antonio

Classe: 1874

Comune di nascita: Valle Dell'Angelo

Full text:

Coccaro Antonio di Francesco e Coccaro Grazia nato il 08/12/1874 a Valle Dell'Angelo di professione Contadino

born in Valle dell'Angelo on 8 dec 1874, son of Francesco Coccaro and Grazia Coccaro
-------------------------------

best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH