Negativo/Positivo Letter

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Negativo/Positivo Letter

Post by rjnigro »

Hi

I received such from the commune regarding a birth date discrepancy. There is a clause which states "Si rilascia a richiesta per tutti gli usi che vanno in carta libera" Roughly translated this means "Issued upon request for all uses for which plain paper is allowed" ... The certificates all have the rubber stamp seal for the commune as well as the rubber stamp of the registry officer and his signature.

Any ideas as to the emanation/purpose/reason for: "for all uses for which plain paper is allowed"

Thanks
Ron
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Negativo/Positivo Letter

Post by johnnyonthespot »

rjnigro wrote:Hi

I received such from the commune regarding a birth date discrepancy. There is a clause which states "Si rilascia a richiesta per tutti gli usi che vanno in carta libera" Roughly translated this means "Issued upon request for all uses for which plain paper is allowed" ... The certificates all have the rubber stamp seal for the commune as well as the rubber stamp of the registry officer and his signature.

Any ideas as to the emanation/purpose/reason for: "for all uses for which plain paper is allowed"

Thanks
Ron
What you have is a "carta libera" document as opposed to a "carta legale" - plain paper vs. legal paper. Unlike in the US, this does not refer to the size of the paper but the format; in particular, a carta legale document will have affixed to it a marca da bollo, or tax stamp, in the amount of (If I recall correctly) €14,62.

I have never heard of a US consulate requiring carta legale for any document in regards to a jure sanguinis citizenship application.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Negativo/Positivo Letter

Post by rjnigro »

Thanks ... That's what I was looking for ... FYI I sent a PM to you