Court Letters of No Naturalization NYC and PA

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Mike Mo
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Aug 2011, 23:35

Court Letters of No Naturalization NYC and PA

Post by Mike Mo » 30 Sep 2011, 01:00

My GGF lived in Manhattan NYC and in Fayette County PA and I need to get a letter from the local and/or state courts that he didn't naturalize.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

He lived in NYC and PA before 1907 and I already have a letter from USCIS that he didn't naturalize after 1907.

I don't know where to mail my request letter and I don't know what to ask for.

I'm willing to pay for help in writing this letter. Or if anyone knows of a service that can help me with writing this request letter please let me know.

Thank you very much!!!

Posts: 159
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 06:25

Re: Court Letters of No Naturalization NYC and PA

Post by JJ313 » 30 Sep 2011, 15:50

For NYC (Manhattan) send a letter to the New York County Clerk, 60 Centre Street, NY, NY 10007 requesting a search for Naturalization records. Include as much information regarding your GGF as you know. Enclose a $10.00 money order to cover the search and no records certification. (If they find records there is an additional fee of $10.00 for a copy of the record.) I do not have specifics regarding PA but I would contact the Fayette County Clerk and ask.

You will also need to search NARA if you have not done so. You can email them with your request, the search is free. Just remember to request a no records letter.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests