Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Thanks

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mike Mo

Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Thanks

Post by Mike Mo »

I just got this letter from USCIS. How do I request the certificate ? Does anyone have a sample request letter ? I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for answering what could be a very common sense answer.
RussoTiesi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Than

Post by RussoTiesi »

Hi, Mike,

I can't answer your question, but I do have a question for you: how long did it take for USCIS to conduct the index search?

Thanks,

Jim
Researching following surnames: Russo Tiesi, Terranella, Randazzo, Pancamo; and the following towns: Chiusa Sclafani and Campofelice di Fitalia
zsnyder
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Got USCIS Response. How do I write letter to USCIS? Than

Post by zsnyder »

Here's my response to the same letter:

Subject: Certificate of Non-Existence

Please send me a certificate of non-existence for the immigrant listed in the enclosed letter.
The case reference number is GEN-XXXXXXXX.

Because this certificate of non-existence is being used as part of an application for American-Italian dual citizenship I would appreciate if the wording on line four - "That after a diligent search was performed in these database system; no record is found to exist relating to the subject listed below" to have “and that he did not become a United States Citizen” included in that line if possible.

----

I don't have a scanner available to show you the actual letter but basically it will be a reply from the Chief.

Lines one through three will describe the authority of the Chief, what records the service keeps and what indexes they searched.

The end of the letter should read:

4. That after a diligent search was performed in these database systems, no record was found to exist indicating that the subject listed below obtained naturalization as a a citizen of the United States.

File No: [ed note: blank as no file existes]

Subject: [Your subjects name]

Also know As:

Born on: [date]

Country of Birth: Italy

Chiefs signature and embossed seal