My Mother.... and other immediate family

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jalapeno89
Rookie
Rookie

My Mother.... and other immediate family

Post by jalapeno89 »

So i have gone through this entire process and been approved and issued an italian passport. I was speaking to my mother (i went Me-> Mother-> Grandfather -> Great Grandfather) and she was asking about her status? Has anyone done this or understand how she can get her passport? She lives in a different consular district (she is in Philadelphia, i live in New Orleans) and they apparently might have different rules. I figure once she gets hers, my father can get his through marriage. Then i dont know about my brother, he is 19 and lives in Miami.... would he have to go through the entire process as well?
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My Mother.... and other immediate family

Post by JJ313 »

Your mother will have to make an appointment in Philly. She will need your file number and copies of the documents you submitted. Once she has her appointment send an email to the citizenship department and give them the file number and double check that they will reference your file and accept copies. You would follow the same procedure in Miami.