Does The L.A. Consulate Ever Answer Phones, or EMAILS?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
AlfaRomeo4Ever

Does The L.A. Consulate Ever Answer Phones, or EMAILS?

Post by AlfaRomeo4Ever »

I've been unsuccessfully trying to reach the citizenship desk at the L.A. consulate. Like others, I've got questions regarding name discrepancies on my documents. I'd like to get an opinion from them before I spend big money on apostilles, translations and such...just to be told later on my docs are unacceptable and need to be redone.

I sent an email off 10 days ago, and I got a "read receipt" the next day. No response yet, however.

I tried calling there today and got a voice mail warning: "do not leave any message because we will NOT call you back."

Their website says, DO NOT arrive in person - as nobody will be seen without an appointment.

So what am I supposed to do? Show up for my appointment with original documents and no apostilles, etc. and then get an opinion from them? Back to the drawing board and start the long process all over again? Is this lack of communication and availability normal for the L.A. consulate?

Frustrating, indeed.