Success in SF

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
zsnyder
Rookie
Rookie

Success in SF

Post by zsnyder »

Came home to find my letter in the mail. It says that I can apply for a passport now but Mr. Cei said to wait a couple months for the comune to enter the information.

Six weeks after my appointment and a bit over two years from start to finish. Now to help my mother out her paperwork for Philly.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on the boards. This really wouldn't have happened without the wealth of information available here.
Steverino3006
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Success in SF

Post by Steverino3006 »

Interesting. I have heard nothing from my commune, but went up and got my passport a week after getting my acceptance letter from the S.F. consulate.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Congratulations! :)
masidao

Post by masidao »

Hi there I recently had success in SF too! Congrats!

You know what, I went and got my passport too the following week after getting my letter without any issue at all.

Why did Mr. Cei advise to wait a couple months before getting the passport?

Doug
zsnyder
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zsnyder »

He said that there had been mistakes in the past (issuing letters of citizenship) and it would be better to wait a couple months than have someone come looking for a wrongly issued passport.

I don't foresee myself taking a trip out of country until the Fall at the earliest so I don't think it's a big deal to wait a bit longer.