Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Zara

Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info

Post by Zara »

No, I don't know, maybe it is. It is registered in Zagreb (Zagabria) Croatia and I'm trying to find marriage certificate beetwen all papers that my grandmother has. When I do I will know his birth date, place where he was born and names of his parents. All of this informations that I have I'm taking with some doubt cause my grandmother is old but even when she was younger she didn't want to speek a lot about grandfather and his family because, she said, Domenico's family didn't approve his marriage with her.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

it is the better way to find the marriage certificate; I believe that also Guglielmo Guglielmini coming from Sicily... they maybe stayed in Firenze; it is possible that Domenico also no born in Firenze...
when you will have the precise data( birthdate and birthplace) it could be possible a guidance...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Zara

Post by Zara »

I have marriage certificate!!! So, new informations are this:

my grandfather was Domenico Guglielmini, born on 21.02.1915. in Catania, Sicily.
His father was Gulielmo (not Guglielmo as I tought) and mother was Italia Tacconi.
He married my grandmother Renata Domi? on 30.07.1945. in Zagreb (Zagabria) Croatia.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Zara wrote:I have marriage certificate!!! So, new informations are this:

my grandfather was Domenico Guglielmini, born on 21.02.1915. in Catania, Sicily.
His father was Gulielmo (not Guglielmo as I tought) and mother was Italia Tacconi.
He married my grandmother Renata Domi? on 30.07.1945. in Zagreb (Zagabria) Croatia.
well, in this case, if Domenico recognized the child,

you can write in Firenze a registered letter to:
Spett.le Servizi Demografici
Palazzo Vecchio
P.zza Signoria
50122 FIRENZE (FI)
Italia
with this txt and sending in attachment, in the envelope also the following certificates.. and a photocopy of your ID card
[hr]

[align=right]Spett.le Servizi Demografici

Palazzo Vecchio
P.zza Signoria
50122 FIRENZE (FI)
Italia[/align]

Oggetto: Richiesta di Stato Civile

Spett.le Servizi Demografici,
la sottoscritta ............... (.....your name) nata a......... ( .....your birthplace) il........... ( ...your birthdate) e residente a ............... (.... your complete address), cittadina croata di origini italiane, nipote in linea diretta di:

Guglielmini Domenico nato a Catania il 21/02/1915 figlio di Guglielmo e Tacconi Italia, ma residente a Firenze, coniugatosi a Zagabria (Croazia) il 30/07/1945 con Domic Renata, croata, dalla cui legittima unione è nato
Guglielmini ..... ( ......first name of Domenico and Renata son/daughter)
il .......... (......birthdate of Domenico child) a Zagabria
il quale è mio .... ( to write: padre/father or madre/mother if the Domenico child is your father or your mother),

con la presente cortesemente richiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio di poter ricevere lo Stato Civile del proprio nonno Guglielmini Domenico.

Allega alla presente:
-certificato di matrimonio di Guglielmini Domenico e Domic Renata ( certificate of marriage of Domenico, but relayed recently from Zagabria civil records office)
-certificato di nascita di Guglielmini...... ( ...first name of Domenico child-birth certificateof Domenico child- that is your father or mother and relayed recently from Zagabria civil records office)
-certificato di matrimonio di Guglielmini ..... ( ...first name of Domenico child- marriage certificate of Domenico child- that is your father or mother and relayed recently from Zagabria civil records office )
-certificato di nascita della sottoscritta (your birth certificate relayed recently from your birthplace civil records office)
-fotocopia proprio documento di identità (a photocopy of your ID card or drive license or passport or so).

In attesa di riscontro alla presente è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,

....................your name
.....................your complete address
...................your email
[hr]

fingers crossed...
you must request the certificates ( so with recent date) in Zagabria and in your birthplace, all certificates as listed, and a photocopy of your ID card or similar ; you must attach it to your letter and to send all by registered letter at above address.... this is the only way.... because by privacy law they cannot give the stato civile( all infos) of your Domenico, but by privacy law they can give you all infos because you are the legitimate grand daughter; the certificates needing for to proof that...

if Domenico no recognized the child, and Renata is living, we must to change the letter and Renata can send the request in Firenze....
sorry for english....
suanj

PS: Gulielmo not exist; exist: Guglielmo..

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Zara

Post by Zara »

Thank you so much, soon as possible I will try to get informations like you told me. Maybe I finally get something about my family.

Great grandfather in Domenico's marriage certificate is listed as Gulielmo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

yes .. but Gulielmo is wrong in italian language...

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Zara

Post by Zara »

I know, I speak italian, maybe it's a mistake of those people who write the certificate
Zara

Post by Zara »

Suanj, only one more question. Do I have to send the same request in Catania? And if I do wolud you be nice to send me the adress of the instituion where I have to send the request?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi it are several offices for civil records, because Catania is a big town... however I believe that this could be the right address...

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Castello Ursino 12 piano 1
95121 Catania (CT)
Italy

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Zara

Post by Zara »