Any way to trace passports from US to Buenos Aires 1920's?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
120camden
Rookie
Rookie

Any way to trace passports from US to Buenos Aires 1920's?

Post by 120camden »

We have a passport photo of my Uncle looking about 5-6 years old. Dated around 1926 maybe. We think he travelled to Buenos Aires with my great grandmother. Would they have applied for this in Chicago? Any way to trace this. I am on ancestory.com. Thanks.
Granadaiscool

Re: Any way to trace passports from US to Buenos Aires 1920'

Post by Granadaiscool »

Emigration or any other reason?
120camden
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Any way to trace passports from US to Buenos Aires 1920'

Post by 120camden »

Since that post we have located the 1929 Ellis Island records that indicate Jeanne T. Lagneau and her grandson Armand Sciortino did travel in Sept. from Buenos Aires to USA. So the passport photo we have of my uncle is authentic.

No, any idea how I can trace from Buenos Aires where they travelled? Trying to trace family roots. Jeanne T. (Tosi/Tossi) Lagneau had a daughter, Matilda Lagneau who was born in Buenos Aires. I can only find one Matilde Tossi, born surprisingly the same year. Jeanne (Giovannia) had siblings in Buenos Aires. I have one written name of Balcarce.
Thanks.