Uncle Vincenzo

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
patriziaantonietta

Uncle Vincenzo

Post by patriziaantonietta »

Hello! I wrote some months ago, but I can't find my previous post anymore...
Anyway, I was searching news about Vincenzo Vecchio, my father's uncle, who arrived in USA from Italy in 1920. You found out a lot of news about him and his family till 1930 and I recently read further info on the US Census of 1940. Thessa wrote me that Vincenzo got married with Filomena in Worcester (MASS) on 22nd May 1922, that she was born on 16th June 1903 and arrived in USA on 16th March 1904 from Avellino. Would you please be so kind to find out for me her bride last name? I found a Filomena De Gregorio, born in 1905 and immigrated in 1906 from Avellino, but I wonder if she could be the right Filomena... I have the same problem in finding the names of their 7 doughters, as they probably got married and I can't find any free news about them after 1940.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!
Patrizia
from Italy
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Uncle Vincenzo

Post by Tessa78 »

patriziaantonietta wrote:Hello! I wrote some months ago, but I can't find my previous post anymore...
Anyway, I was searching news about Vincenzo Vecchio, my father's uncle, who arrived in USA from Italy in 1920. You found out a lot of news about him and his family till 1930 and I recently read further info on the US Census of 1940. Thessa wrote me that Vincenzo got married with Filomena in Worcester (MASS) on 22nd May 1922, that she was born on 16th June 1903 and arrived in USA on 16th March 1904 from Avellino. Would you please be so kind to find out for me her bride last name? I found a Filomena De Gregorio, born in 1905 and immigrated in 1906 from Avellino, but I wonder if she could be the right Filomena... I have the same problem in finding the names of their 7 doughters, as they probably got married and I can't find any free news about them after 1940.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!
Patrizia
from Italy
Hello Patrizia :-)!

For reference...here is the old thread...
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic24547.html

T.