Entire Family Applying

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
malandroaz
Rookie
Rookie

Entire Family Applying

Post by malandroaz »

My entire family is going to apply for dual citizenship since we all qualify. My question is:

1) Do we only need 1 certified copy of each for family? (Talking about Parents, Aunts, Cousins, Nephews about 20 of us).
2) Is there a chance that 20 in 1 packet is too much or does it matter?
3) Do all of us have to present at the consult to file together? Or can I gather all the required documents file for everyone. I can get notarized signatures for everyone but getting everyone together might be tricky since some live out of state.

Thanks,
AZ Malandro
mler
Master
Master

Re: Entire Family Applying

Post by mler »

All applications must be made in person, and you can only apply at the consulate that serves the jurisdiction in which you hold residency. It is unlikely that the consulate will be willing to accept, at the same time, the applications for more than your immediate family.

I may be a good idea to have your parents apply first. Then once their citizenship has been recognized, you can set up an appointment and ask the consulate to access their documentation.

Relatives applying at other consulates will likely be required to present their own document set.