Cernicchiaro Family - BRAZIL

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Fabstenor

Cernicchiaro Family - BRAZIL

Post by Fabstenor »

Hello Everyone
I'm looking for information on the Family Cernicchiaro. By my count my great-grandfather Giuseppe ("Florencio" possibly find a document with this middle name) Cernicchiaro came to Brazil between 1850 and 1860. In this epoch is not yet registered immigrants arriving at the port in Brazil. Is there a possibility of it having a negative certificate / Renunzia di Cittadinanza? Does anyone know which port of embarkation of ships at this time?

Thank you for your time.

Fabio
Fabstenor

Re: Cernicchiaro Family - BRAZIL

Post by Fabstenor »

Tutte le informazioni (simile) sarà molto importante!
Grazie!!
Fabstenor

Post by Fabstenor »

Anche sto cercando il luogo, ma non trovo dove era imbarcato in Italia. In questo periodo, dove era il luogo s'imbarcavono? Ho trovato qui su sito, che ci riporta a due posti dove ci possono essere i discendenti della mia famiglia nel sud di Italia. Qualcuno potrebbe aiutarmi? Tutte le informazione, sarà molto importante.. grazie mille!
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Fabio,
I suppose you need the certificate for Italian citizenship.
You can only get such info from Brasilian authorities.
As to search for original documents for your ancestor in Italy, you should know at least what town he was from , otherwise there's no chance. Cernicchiaro is not usual, but it's not so rare, either. I found 55 occurrences in Italian White pages, from Salerno area above all, but from several Communes. I also found an occurrence in Naples in the XIX century, when indexing for Family Search (and I remember this, as a know one Cernicchiaro in Roma, who comes from Abruzzi). So, as as you can see, finding out place of origin is absolutely necessary.
I see in Family Search site there are images of registers from Brazil from various areas. You should look into them (they are not indexed) to see if you find something about your ancestors, hoping you find a trace (for instance, a death record reporting where your ancestor was born).
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.