Italy to England Ships List?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
vocalist

Italy to England Ships List?

Post by vocalist »

I'm researching my family tree and trying to find information on the emigration of Italians to the United Kingdom during the 1800's. Specifically trying to find my gr grandfather Giovanni Battista Bacciarelli and his brother Guiseppe Bacciarelli who were born in Gero, Lombardia but were residing in the UK on the 1881 census.

It is possible they came over by ship although have heard that a common method of travel was on foot through Switzerland and Europe, but have no idea if this is how the brothers came to the UK.

Does anyone know of the ship names and routes from Italy to England during the 1800's? Or a link to Italy/England passenger lists online?

Thanks in advance.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Italy to England Ships List?

Post by suanj »

vocalist wrote:I'm researching my family tree and trying to find information on the emigration of Italians to the United Kingdom during the 1800's. Specifically trying to find my gr grandfather Giovanni Battista Bacciarelli and his brother Guiseppe Bacciarelli who were born in Gero, Lombardia but were residing in the UK on the 1881 census.

It is possible they came over by ship although have heard that a common method of travel was on foot through Switzerland and Europe, but have no idea if this is how the brothers came to the UK.

Does anyone know of the ship names and routes from Italy to England during the 1800's? Or a link to Italy/England passenger lists online?

Thanks in advance.
Hi:
the ship was very little ship.. not are the ship's manifest as emigration in USA....
about the ship'smanifest not are available, but sure are in National Archives of UK.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vocalist

Re: Italy to England Ships List?

Post by vocalist »

Thanks for the info Suanj, much appreciated :D