Donofrio and Azzinaro ancestors from Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Rose12175

Donofrio and Azzinaro ancestors from Italy

Post by Rose12175 »

Hello there, I am searching for informaion on my husband's family tree, and have traced them back to 3 areas in Italy. I am looking for any information that may help me find some connections to more information on the family.

First, I have a Caroline Azzinaro who was born sometime in the 1890's and came from a small village in Calabria. Her family were weavers/textile makers and small farmers. She came to the United States around 1912. I have found an original ship manifest with a Carolina Azzinarro whose arrival at Ellis Island, New York dated March 10, 1912, and it listed her father's name as Domenico from Regina.We know that she had a brother named Frank and possibly a sister named Annie. There may have been other siblings, but my sources do not remember for sure.

Next, I have a Fred Donofrio, husband to Caroline, who was born sometime around 1889 in Naples, we think. He had one brother Clarence, 2 half sisters, named Francis and Irene. He came to the United States in his late teens.

Next, I have a Michael Carbone who was born and lived somewhere in the Tuscan region of Italy and was a shoemaker and coal miner. We do not know if he had any siblings, or birthdate, date when he came to the United States. In fact this is all the information that we have on him.

Finally, I have a mary Cammaresi. We know that she married at 14 years of age, came to the US as a young girl, and we are unclear as to what part of Italy she came from. She had at least one brother, Batiste, and a half sister named Lizzie, we think

That is all the information that we currently have, if anyone has any information that might help me fill in missing branches of the family tree, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Donofrio and Azzinaro ancestors from Italy

Post by wldspirit »

A well written post, however, you don't mention where any of these family members settled in the US.........have you located all ship manifest? placed them on census? obtained any documentation such as marriage, birth, or death records? naturalization papers?
If we can determine the town of origin, the Lds may have microfilmed records for you to research.
wldspirit