Information on Grandparents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Second Marriage for Antonio Perrotta

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marriage Record No 25: Antonio Perrotta with Lucia Colomba (Antonio's second marriage, following Filomena Giannotti's death)
8 August 1885, 10.15 am, Bonefro

Groom: Antonio Perrotta, 41(1844), mugnaio (miller), born and residing Bonefro, son of Celestino and Rosanna Antonico both residents of Bonefro

Bride: Lucia Colomba, 24(1861) housewife, born and residing Bonefro, son of Domenico and Maria Mancieri, both residents of Bonefro
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

The marriage bann for Antonio and Lucia's upcoming wedding gives a little more information and makes reference to the death of Antonio's first wife, Filomena Giannotti:

Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio (Marriage Bann) No 27: Antonio Perrotta with Lucia Colomba 25 July 1885:
Groom: Antonio Perrotta, 41, mugnaio (miller), residing Bonefro, son of Celestino, 61(1824), peasant farmer, and Rosanna Antonico, peasant farmer, both residents of Bonefro.

Bride: Lucia Colomba, 24, housewife, residing Bonefro, daughter of Domenico, 45, ortolano (Gardener/Grocer/Market Gardener), and Maria Mancieri, housewife, both residing Bonefro.

It also makes references to the Death Act of Nicola del Gatto, husband of Lucia Colomba, so she was also widowed.

I know you were wanting Antonio's death record but I have not been able to locate this. The records only go to 1900 so he quite possibly died after this. He would have been approximately 57 in 1900.

I haven't checked for any children born to him and Lucia Colomba, as yet. If you are interested to know this, you could check the indices for this which appear mostly at the front of the records, sometimes at the back of the records for the relevant year. We can help you with the translations, if needed :)
Angela :D
flo

Re: Information on Grandparents

Post by flo »

Thank You Once Again for your help! This clears up some things for my family...
Yes I will try to find out more if there was more children born to him and his 2nd wife.

Regards flo
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

flo wrote:Thank You Once Again for your help! This clears up some things for my family...
Yes I will try to find out more if there was more children born to him and his 2nd wife.

Regards flo
Good to hear that it has cleared up some questions for your family. There are some great records on the antenati website for Bonefro. The script is a little criptic in places but you can always post anything to the "Translations" section here on our website and there are lots of great people who can help.

Here is the birth details for Domenico Perrotta, Antonia and Lucia's first son:

Birth No 135: Domenico Perrotta
Recorded on 6 September 1886, 11 am, Bonefro
Antonio Perrotta, 43, proprietario (land owner), living in Bonefro, reported that at 4 pm on 5 September at a house in Via Porta Nuova, No 47, Lucia Colomba, his wife living with him gave birth to a male baby given the name Domenico.

Angela :)
flo

Post by flo »

Thank You !
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

flo wrote:Thank You !