Triggiano, Terlizzi, Campobasso, Bari,Capurso family names

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Rosiedelia

Triggiano, Terlizzi, Campobasso, Bari,Capurso family names

Post by Rosiedelia »

I am looking for help with the above surnames from Puglia region initially. Can any one help please.

Rosiedelia

Names in particular are

D'Elia, Lusito, Guerra, Fiore, Costanza, Signorille, Battista, Lagioia, Del Medico, Scarpelli, Pontrelli

for starters.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Triggiano, Terlizzi, Campobasso, Bari,Capurso family nam

Post by mfjp »

Hi,

Sent you a Private Message a few days ago regarding one of the surnames you are researching... noticed that the private message was not read on your end... Hopefully you will read this post...

Take Care,
mfjp :P
Rosiedelia

Post by Rosiedelia »

Hi, I'm sorry. Have just logged back onto this site.

I didn't get the other message so would love to hear your information about my surnames.

kind regards

Rosie
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MauroMags »

D'Elia, fiore, battista and capurso are names found in Molfetta, which is only a few towns over from Bari

Capurso is especially common in Molfetta

Btw, I've been to Melbourne, you have a great little italy there!!
Rosiedelia

Post by Rosiedelia »

Thanks for that ... I have family in Capurso as well, my grandfather Pasquale Guerra. Son of Raffaele Guerra and Maria Scarpelli.

Lygon Street [Little Italy] in Melbourne is where I live ... small world.

Rosie
fumggo

Post by fumggo »

i am a genealogical resercher in puglia near bari
i give you the informatio that interest you
write me a mail
f.muggeo@alice.it
Rosiedelia

Post by Rosiedelia »

Hi I sent you an email but have not heard back .. are you still researching in Puglia?

regards Rosie
laurascott

Re: Triggiano, Terlizzi, Campobasso, Bari,Capurso family names

Post by laurascott »

Hello, my family is from Triggiano and we have been there since at least the 1600's. Our surnames are, Costanza, LaGioia, Carbonara, DiZonno, Battista, Nitti, Addante, Campobasso, Del Medico, Lattanzio, Sebastiano, Ferrera, Fiore, DiCillo, D'Alesio, Fedele, etc.
My Grandpa was Anthony/Antonio Costanza, born Jan. 19,1905 in Triggiano, Italy to Michele Costanza and Filomena LaGioia. He had four siblings, Achille, Vito, Maria, and Alfred.
Maria Costanza stayed in Triggiano and married into the Lombardi family. Achille L. Costanza immigrated to the USA with his wife Stella Carbonara. They lived in Chicago, Il. and California. Vito Costanza immigrated to Toronto, Canada with his wife Maria Mastrolonardo. Alfred became a Franciscan Capuchin Monk and moved several places with the monastery. He studied with Padre Pio.
I have been studying and researching Triggiano and the surnames above plus many more Italian names in my family. I am interested in any information anyone may have and I am willing to try and help others. Please email me, laurascott1980@gmail.com. I don't check my messages very often but will keep an eye out for new ones. Have a great day everyone!
Laura Scott
Triggiano family